|Location: Oxfordshire||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum|
|Sector: Pharmaceuticals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Must have strong bioinformatics experience in particular RNAseq
My client is a biotechnology company developing RNA medicines for chronic liver disease. They are uncovering new biological pathways by using advances in deep phenotyping. The company is built on over 15 years experience in liver genomics.
- To oversee, direct and execute upon the in vitro and ex vivo programmes at Ochre Bio. There is also scope to develop new technologies/pipelines that work towards our overall aims but our current focus includes:
- Target validation in complex primary cell models of cellular and metabolic stress
- Mechanism of action studies using RNAseq and drug interactions.
- Lead development of our siRNA therapeutics
- To assemble data packages for our lead therapies as we move into our next round of funding.
- To help with the smooth running of the lab (good record keeping, tidiness, teamwork)
- To provide technical advice and mentorship to the rest of the team
- PhD in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- R-based data analysis
- Comfortable with data analysis pipelines such as for RNAseq as well as robust statistical thinking
- Track record of excellence in your research area
- Demonstrated capacity to drive a research team
- Project management skills
- Experience with cellular models using sterile technique
- Highly organised and methodical approach to work and record keeping
- Self-motivated, technically competent and capable of working independently within the laboratory
- Ability to adapt to changing demands whilst working within a team to tight deadlines
- Data analysis, formatting and presentation skills
- Computing skills in packages such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and/or GSuite
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
- High-level of attention to detail
- Managerial or mentoring experience
- Experience in drug discovery
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.