|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Principle Software Engineer
West London/ High Wycombe
Software Engineer needed for a leading maritime/defence organisation, preferably based in West London but can also be based in High Wycombe. They are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Software Engineer with C++, Windows or Linux, and also digital signal processing within audio, image processing, sonar, radar. If you have experience within maritime or defence that would be a plus!
I am looking for someone who has strong technical skills across the full spectrum of the software development lifecycle. This role will contribute to a wide range of projects and applications in the underwater battle space arena including torpedo defence and counter measures, advanced sonar applications, vessel signature analysis and exciting new technologies for long range detection and localization. This position would suit a flexible analytical engineer with a broad interest in software technologies coupled with a proven ability to deliver critical software components into complex product development. A demonstrable ability to technically lead a small team is an essential characteristic for this role.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Software Engineer will include:
- Requirement Analysis
- Software architectural and detailed design - UML
- Design implementation - C++
- Formulation of integration and test strategies
- Managing work packages
- Providing regular and clear technical progress reports to project management.
- Technical leadership
- Working with Analysts to develop processing algorithms
- Production of formal documentation throughout the development lifecycle including requirements specification, detailed design and test
- Planning and estimating
- Configuration management - SVN, WindChill
- Adherence to company engineering processes
What experience you need to be the successful Software Engineer:
- C++ (or other high level OO programming language) in a multi-threaded implementation environment
- Windows / Linux
- UML - Rhapsody or Enterprise Architect
- GUI ergonomic design and development
- Digital signal processing (audio/image processing/sonar/radar)
- Real time operating system development environments
- Understanding of networking (TCP-IP, Serial etc.)
- Self-disciplined, adaptable, proactive
- Innovative, able to adapt to alternative solutions/technologies
- Good communication sI
- Good financial estimating and scheduling capability
- Analytical, problem solving and technical leadership sI
- Methodical, with attention to detail
- Able to work independently or within a team structure
- Must have or be able to achieve SC clearance
- Degree (with a strong computing or engineering slant)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Due to the nature of the work, to apply for this Principal Software Engineer role applicants must be eligible to undergo and obtain SC clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.