|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Principal Systems Engineer
Term: Initial 6 Months
Hours: 37 Per Week
Day Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
Key Skills: Systems, Management, Sonar, Radar, Communications, Engineering, Maritime, Marine, Project Management, Lifecycle, Defence, MOD, DOORS, Requirements, Verification, Validation, Design, Software, Safety
An experienced Systems Engineer is required to play a key role in co-ordinating all engineering activities as applicable to Maritime systems, with a focus on Radar, Sonar and Communications Systems Development. Engaging with customers and collaborating with other organisations, you will be in charge of the full systems lifecycle, ensuring a safe, effective and efficient process is followed to completion.
So, what will you be doing as a Principal Systems Engineer?
- Leadership and management of engineering and technical teams to deliver integrated engineering outputs in meeting customer requirements
- Collaboration and resource management as required
- Assuring the quality of engineering integrated outputs are in accordance with authorised Technical Delivery Plans
- Co-ordination of bids and estimates
- Production of appropriate Technical Delivery Plans
- Identification of project technical risks and mitigations, working with the Project Managers
- Mentoring of other engineering staff
What are we looking for in our next Principal Systems Engineer?
- Hold a recognised Engineering qualification/degree
- Have a strong working knowledge of general Systems Engineering principles
- Have significant technical experience in diverse delivery projects
- Able to generate technical solutions forma 'blank sheet of paper'
- Have knowledge and experience of delivery across the full engineering lifecycle
- Have proven experience leading multidisciplinary projects including software elements
- Have strong experience of Radar, Sonar and Communications Systems Development
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Principal Systems Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.