|Location: Weymouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Principal Systems Engineer
6 month contract
Principal Systems Engineer required for a globally recognised defence / electronics company based in Weymouth. You will be working on Multi-Million£ state of the art projects within maritime.
All applicants for the Principal Systems Engineer position need to be eligible for Security Clearance!
Key Responsibilities for Principal Systems Engineer:
As part of the project System Engineering team you will conduct systems activities on a project and apply sound engineering judgement to ensure tasks are delivered to cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Delivering the systems engineering tasks for a project within the allocated budget and timeframe.
- Supporting the project engineering team to develop and deliver a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
- Generating, understanding, and reviewing user requirements.
- Performing requirement analysis and flow down to system and sub-system levels.
- Developing and documenting system architecture, design, and acceptance and verification strategies.
- Ensuring that the specification, design, and acceptance information is fully traceable.
- Leading all the activities relating to systems validation and acceptance.
- Providing input to project schedules through regular and clear progress reports.
Skills, Qualification and Experience for Principal Systems Engineer:
- Hold a relevant Bachelor's or higher degree or have equivalent experience.
- Have significant experience in most of the following areas, with exposure to the others:
- Requirements elicitation and management
- System architecture and design
- System integration and test
- System acceptance, verification, and validation
- In-service support
- Hold or be capable of achieving Security Clearance (SC).
To apply for this exciting 6 month contract position, please press 'apply now'.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.