|Location: Crawley, West Sussex, England||Salary: £62000 - £67000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Principal Systems Engineer.
£62,000 - £67,000 + Generous Bonus and Benefits Package.
Commutable from Crawley, Brighton, Redhill, Horsham, Leatherhead, Sutton, Tunbridge Wells areas
SC Clearance will be required for this role, it's OK if you don;t already have it as long as you are eligible (UK Passport holder).
Our client for this position operates across five major industries;, these areAerospace, Defence, Security, Ground Transportation and Space. In order to offer employees a great work life balance where possible they support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and also helps you reach your career ambitions.
The Principal Systems Engineer will work within the Secure Communications and Information Systems (SIX) UK, Land Comms Portfolio, specifically working within the Electronic Counter Measures and Vehicles domain. It will involve working on challenging programmes to bring new technology to a major UK customer base.
This role will include the build, test and trials phases of the programme.
Your skills and experience:
- Experience of designing solutions to meet the stringent product demands of equipment operating in deployed military environments.
- Able to derive and prepare system and sub-system specifications from customer requirements and to ensure that the requirements meet the needs of the customer.
- Requirements Manager, requirements allocation, developing/maintaining specifications, developing functional architecture, generating system and sub-system requirements from Customer needs.
- Technical experience of Electronic Counter Measure systems, architectures, equipment and infrastructure.
- An understanding of Counter Measure installation, commissioning and trials activities would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Prepare system and subsystem specifications and interface control documentation, equipment against rigorous analysis and decomposition of the customer requirements and change requests.
- To support and contribute to the ECM product strategy, in particular in the domains of active and passive Counter-Improvised Explosive Device
- Provide technical support to the IVVQ team during the system integration and acceptance phase of the ECM programmes.
- Conduct of technical investigations into both equipment level and system level anomalies, liaising with software and hardware engineers as required.
- Provide work package estimates that balance quality, compliance and cost - subsequently discharge work packages to time, quality and cost.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.