|Location: West London||Salary: Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Electronics, Defence, Engineering, Space, Life Sciences, Technology, Human Factors||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Principal Systems Test Engineer
Principal Systems Test Engineer needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in West London. We are seeking a Senior Engineer with experience in the defence sector to be part of our growing team. You will have prior team leadership/line management experience of a team of systems engineers and be an integral team member moving forward.
This is an exciting opportunity and as Principal Systems Test Engineer we are happy to talk flexible hybrid working possibilities, in addition to the already existing flexible hours that are on offer.
***Due to the nature of the work, this vacancy is only available to those who currently hold a British passport and are eligible for DV Security Clearance***
What the role of the Principal Systems Test Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal Systems Test Engineer will include:
- Responsible for verification and validation activities required to formally qualify complex systems as part of the V-model lifecycle.
- Create and maintain Systems Test artefacts, such as Test Plans, Test Procedures and Test Reports, as required, throughout the product development lifecycle, to result in a positive project outcome.
- Carry out Systems Test activities in accordance with Systems Test artefacts, so that test, qualification and acceptance events are completed successfully.
- To support the Environmental Qualification test activities for products to include in house and external test houses.
- To be familiar with environmental test facilities and test chamber operation under the guidance of environmental test engineers
- The role will have Line Management, Technical Management or Subject Matter Expert responsibilities:
- Line management of a team of systems engineers (1-5), responsible for their PDPs, training and development and approval of the team's requests (e.g. annual leave etc.).
- Technical management of a team of systems engineers (1-5) on a project, their tasking and being responsible for the quality of their technical delivery and adherence to schedule.
- Subject Matter Expertise, and recognised as the company expert, in a specific subject matter, such as a specific product type or technical area.
- Is responsible for System Engineers obtaining sufficient knowledge to support environmental testing (end to end process) both internal and external.
- Supports the maintenance of test equipment, can design special to type test equipment to meet the diverse requirements generated across multi-concurrent projects.
- Is responsible for the safe handling, configuration, use of, logging and security of systems under test and their component parts.
What experience you need to be the successful Principal Systems Test Engineer:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or have suitable industry experience.
- Knowledge of Electronic Engineering or equivalent and experience of Hardware Engineering.
- Ability to facilitate transition to automated Integration & Testing solutions
- Knowledge of Agile Development, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) and similar techniques.
- Knowledge of Environmental Testing.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Systems Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.