|Location: Kent||Salary: £40000 - £43000 per annum + + Package|
|Sector: Energy from Waste||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jamie Anscomb||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Process Technician Kent
Process Technician needed for a well-established Energy from Waste plant based in Kent, able to convert 550,000 tonnes of waste to energy. They are looking to employ a Process Technician who takes pride in their workplace with strong knowledge of the Energy from Waste sector (or similar heavy duty industry). The Process Technician will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant within a central control room and out in the field on a 24 hour shift rotation. The successful Process Technician will need first line maintenance skills. Understanding of HSE legislation relevant to energy from waste plants. Understanding of safe systems of work. Preferably experienced in using forklift/ overhead crane trucks.
- Competitive Salary
- Quarterly Bonus
- Pension Plan
What the role entails:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, as the Process Technician, your main duties will be:
- DCS operation and alarm handling.
- Application of the safety rules.
- Authorised as an Authorised and Nominated Person under the WRG Safety rules.
- Receipt and clearance of safety documents. Training will be provided.
- Continuous personal development within the organisation to achieve a higher potential.
- Diagnose and rectify plant faults.
- Operation of the EFW and boiler chemistry.
- Routine plant tasks to be undertaken diligently.
- Monitor consumable stock levels and supervise bulk deliveries and loading.
- Direction of people on outside plant and communication i.e. dealing with telephone calls in accordance with the WRG procedure.
- Ensure that all defect reporting within the MMS is effective and followed through to completion promptly and that PM's are completed as required.
This is a great opportunity for a Process Technician who is already in a similar plant looking for a change or a Process Technician in a similar heavy duty environment looking to get into the Energy from Waste sector. If interested please apply and get involved with a very busy, fast growing, exciting sector. Do not miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.