|Location: Crawley||Salary: £85000 - £95000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 12 days ago|
- Leads the SCM Procurement, Supplier Development and Quality for one of my clients Business Lines. Responsible to define strategic agenda, assess, and execute SCM Procurement, supplier quality and site manufacturing tactical activities.
- To ensure that the supply chain is developed and enabled to meet my clients business needs for competitive pricing, material supply and business continuity.
- Drive annual productivity improvements in the business line. Will develop, champion, and ensure implementation of ideas that will optimise total cost of ownership year-over-year for assigned spend categories
- Capture and validate real savings. Measure and track performance within each supplier and define budgetary impact.
- Establish key performance measures for each supplier (e.g., cost per unit, total product expense); define the data collection process; forecast budgetary impact and track actual savings; broadly communicate performance against these performance measures and work with stakeholders to ensure savings are incorporated into annual operating plans.
- Be accountable for the vendor selection and negotiation process both individually led and led by the Buying team. Ensuring best value received from suppliers with demonstrative competency.
- Manage strategic sourcing projects applying relevant methodology. Provide team members with direction and support throughout the steps and activities of the strategic sourcing projects, applying appropriate and defined methodology and tools.
- Define the optimal supplier selection process, considering supply market specifics. Drive this process through the activities of the direct material Buying team.
- Where appropriate, screen and select potential suppliers and/or support Buying team in such activities.
- Develop negotiation strategy. Participate in/lead fact-based negotiations.
- Monitor strategy implementation and contract compliance - Ensure strategies are implemented and TCO reductions secured according to implementation plans.
- Drive best practices for assigned sourcing categories - Identify/define sourcing best-practices both within and external to Elekta and work with key stakeholders to ensure that those best practices are widely adopted.
- Develop an expertise and allow talent development in the assigned spend categories - Remain current with market trends through relationships with vendors and market experts; identifying and communicating new technologies and solutions to key problems in the assigned spend areas
- Uphold internal and external policies, regulations and laws - Maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as any internal policies (e.g. code of ethics) or procedures to ensure that the behaviour exhibited by the organization is honest, ethical and professional.
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies
- BA required with MBA preferred; other graduate degree potentially acceptable or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) certification desirable
- Previous experience of Category Management at a senior level ideally for direct materials and within a Manufacturing environment.
- Successful track record in a procurement organization, preferable within a Manufacturing environment
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of developing and deploying sourcing strategies, financial concepts and the ability to create business cases
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills - able to construct/execute multiple complex analyses (e.g. TCO, NPV; cost price analyses) simultaneously
- Good planning/project management skills - able to develop comprehensive workable issue sets in complex situations Expert negotiating skills
- Ability to gain a fact based understanding of current supplier base, supplier economics and major trends in relevant markets Exceptional experience in contract management and extensive awareness and understanding of contractual law
- Well-developed IT skills and fluent in English, preferably with a second language
- Passion for reducing costs - exhibits high energy and the enthusiasm to establish a new approach of sourcing
- Distinctive leadership - willing to make tough/unpopular decisions, but well respected by internal and external business leaders.
- Comfortable with conflict - willingness to challenge "conventional" thinking
- Demonstrable record of delivering stretching targets and successfully managing concurrent tasks
- Able to work and lead in a dual reporting matrix environment and aggressively take the lead on implementation of savings opportunities that affect numerous lines of business
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.