|Location: Essex||Salary: Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Electronics, Defence, Engineering, Space, Technology||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Essex + Home Working
Salary: £DOE+ Package
Key Skills: Procurement, Supply, Manufacturing, Components, Medical, Engineering, Aerospace, Defence, Supplier, RFI, RFP, Production, Materials, Forecasting, Change Management
An experienced Procurement Manager is required to play a key role in managing the global supply base responsible for delivering materials into a complex manufacturing system. You will operate in a challenging environment, specifically managing the procurement requirements of several development projects that will require high mix, low volume materials and components.
So, what will you be doing as a Procurement Manager?
- Work closely with and be a designated point of contact to internal product and project teams to identify procurement requirements and project/product scope.
- Identify potential new suppliers and asses their suitability for the long-term requirements of the product, project and business.
- Write and issue detailed Request for Information / Request for Proposal documents to enable a full and robust supplier selection process.
- Review and benchmark supplier responses to RFI's / RFP's to enable strong supplier recommendations that take into account commercial, technical and quality requirements.
- Ensuring relevant costing strategies are implemented to achieve best possible pricing.
- Establish contracts and framework agreements to ensure security of supply and delivery of improvements against KPIs.
- Implement and progress effective supplier development plans, yielding tangible improvements.
- Co-ordinate activities between engineering and suppliers to improve the manufacturability of materials, components and assemblies based on operational priorities.
- Manage supplier performance, drawing on your experience and performance data to yield consistent improvements.
- Potential line management responsibilities for a person with the right skills.
- Partaking in Corporate and BU led cost down activities across the supply base.
- Control of the sourcing strategy for a selected group of commodities. You will be given full autonomy to make changes to the supply base and drive improvements as desired
What are we looking for in our next Procurement Manager?
- Significant procurement experience in a highly technical /engineering environment.
- Significant experience working in a direct manufacturing environment (preferably low volume / high mix).
- Knowledge of supply chain, material management, demand forecasting and engineering change management principles.
- The ability to work with excel to compile and evaluate data will be an important aspect of your role.
- Be MS Office proficient - Word, Excel, Access, Project, Visio, PowerPoint.
- Be able to manage change in the right way.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Procurement Manager, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Procurement Manager, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.