|Location: South East England, England||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + Variable Annual Bonus|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Davies||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
Procurement Manager needed for a multinational Aerospace organisation based in South East of England who are looking to employ an experienced Procurement Manager with an in-depth knowledge all Procurement activity and the Aerospace industry.
The successful Procurement Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
* 25 days of holiday
* Variable annual bonus
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Retail vouchers
* Health Screening
* Flexible working hours
* Private Medical Scheme
What the role entails:
Directs the activities of buyers and expediters to accomplish company objectives. Monitors the cost, schedule and performance aspects of the procurement operations. Coordinates purchasing activities with engineering and manufacturing departments to maintain inventories at planned levels. May have responsibility for source selection, establishing sourcing agreements with suppliers at the local and enterprise level.
Some of the main duties of the Procurement Manager will include:
* Responsible for the successful operation of activities of major significance to the business unit.
* Responsible for execution of day to day operations and procedures.
* May be involved in the development of strategic financial planning. Responsible for developing department budget.
* Prioritizing the resources to meet operational objectives.
* Manages the activities of buyers and expediters to accomplish company objectives.
* Reviews and approves purchases within designated DOA (must change to fit principal).
* Implements policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities.
* Monitors the cost, schedule and performance aspects of the procurement operations.
* Responsible for the total performance management of suppliers, this includes but not limited to cost, quality, and performance delivery.
* Coordinates purchasing activities with engineering and manufacturing departments to maintain inventories at planned levels.
* Responsible for the relationship management of the supply base.
* Must have a good knowledge and understanding of the marketplace and the commodities that are purchased.
* Assists with the establishment and maintenance of the production control system.
* Directs the activities of a group of purchasing agents/buyers who contract with vendors for raw materials, supplies, equipment or services required by the company.
* Responsible for workforce planning to ensure the efficient operation of the function: Oversees staffing, development, performance management/evaluation, diversity, health/safety, and employee relations.
* Interacts with only internal customers, especially manufacturing, program office, and engineering departments.
What you need to be the successful Procurement Manager:
In order to be the successful Procurement Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Strong management skills
* An ability to build strong internal and external relationships
* A proven track record within Procurement
* Strong Knowledge of Contracts, Policies & Procedures and Purchase Orders
* Experience using SAP
* Dedication, Organisation
* A willingness to travel abroad
Must be eligible for Security Clearance! (BRITISH PASSPORT ONLY)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.