|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Procurement Manager required for a globally recognised Aerospace company who are based in Dorset.
My client is looking for a Procurement Manager who will be heavily involved in ongoing sub-contract management and negotiation. Focussing on MTP 'made to print'/ mechanical commodity and working with suppliers.
Salary for this position will be discussed further upon application. All candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance.
Benefits for Procurement Manager:
- 25 days Holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Health and dental care
- Pension scheme
- & many more!
Experience & Qualifications Needed for Procurement Manager:
- MRP Systems Experience
- Procurement career background
- Sub-contract management and negotiation
- Strong relationship management and personality for managing challenging negotiations.
- Direct/Indirect supervision of buyers
- Aerospace/ Engineering/ Manufacturing/ High Technology business experience
- Mechanical/MTP commodity experience preferred
Key Responsibilities for Procurement Manager position:
- Managing the end to end supply chain relationship with a specified group of vendors to ensure the best possible quality, cost, delivery and overall supplier reliability for the Business Unit
- Undertake sourcing/selection processes in line with policy for allocated work packages
- Undertake supplier relationship management tasking for allocated supply base i.e. business reviews, tactical improvement initiatives, supplier development etc.
- Work with buyers to ensure all purchase orders are issued IAW RTO/MRP demand
- Review MRP requirements to ensure component deliveries are scheduled in line with production requirements
- Ensure all MRP exception message are executed in line with requirements
- Manage the communication of all engineering changes & schedule changes
- Ownership of all supply master data and procurement elements of plan for every part.
- Monitor delivery status of scheduled receipts to ensure on time delivery to need.
- Applying SOF principles to build and manage effective supplier management processes and strong supplier relationships and partnerships
- Undertake commodity analysis to develop new and alternative sources of supply
- Create and maintain both market and supplier profiles for all nominated suppliers within the commodity
- Continually monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of suppliers
- Manage the QCD performance of allocated vendors
- Deploy responsible supply chain management practices in accordance with company policy including risk registers, heat maps and any required corrective actions.
- Manage day to day procurement activities including internal/ vendor communications, schedule, delivery and commercial terms including any price variation
- Travel roughly one week in 6 to UK & Europe suppliers
To apply for this exciting permanent Procurement Manager opportunity please press 'apply now'.