|Location: Havant||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Defence, Nuclear, Engineering, Space||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Lilli Lacey||Job Published: 27 days ago|
(12 month FTC)
Procurement Representative needed for a highly reputable, multinational defence and aerospace organisation based in Havant. My clients are looking for a Procurement Representative who will form part of the Global Supply Chain Team who actively support the various stakeholders within the Enterprise Operations functions in the UK and EMEA, the main responsibilities will be to support the major contracts within the in-directs and IT function, co-ordinating UK and international procurements, identifying regional approaches to gain efficiencies amongst regional areas. The role will support internal stakeholders including but not limited to Corporate Properties, Facilities, IT and HR.
This Procurement Representative reports to the Procurement & Contracts Manager, the individual will be authorised to negotiate and make binding decisions on behalf of the company, subject to appropriate approvals and serves as a primary interface with internal customers and external suppliers. Responsibilities include developing and implementing procurement strategies in conjunction with the various stakeholder teams to satisfy programme objectives; assist in negotiating non-standard terms and agreements as required to meet set objectives. The role also includes competing contracts, reviewing supplier proposals, negotiating price, sourcing and recommending suppliers, analysing trends, following up orders placed and expediting where required, verifying delivery, approving payment, and maintaining necessary records to provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders. The procurement representative will also be required prepare request for proposals (RFP) and bid
The required skills of the Procurement Representative:
For this role the Procurement Representative will need:
- Strong in working with procurement policies and procedures
- Flexible approach and self-motivated in achieving personal targets/objectives, with the ability to perform with professionalism at all times
- Ability to plan, prioritise and schedule work to achieve multiple, often conflicting, deadlines
- Develop strong positive relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Proven communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Ability to take ownership of procurement initiatives
- Draft and negotiate standard/template procurement terms and confidentiality agreements
- Ability to work quickly and competently within tight deadlines
The desired skills of the Procurement Representative:
Specifically, the Procurement Representative may have:
- Strong administrative skills
- Data literate with strong analytical skills
- Experience in IT/computing procurement/Telecoms
- Category Management Skills
- Experience in in-direct procurement
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Representative to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.