|Location: Kingston upon Thames||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Product Cyber Security Engineer
South West London
Permanent - Competitive Salary
Product Cyber Security Engineer needed for a leading multinational defence organisation based in the South West London area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Product Cyber Security Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Product Cyber Security Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. The role will primarily be involved with those activities that contribute to the achievement of formal accreditations for products contained within the organisations defence portfolio.
Experience wise, we require a candidate with a demonstrable track-record of successful information assurance/product cyber security work, ideally within a defence engineering environment. If you have a knowledge of JSP440 (or equivalent), or HMG 1/2 (or equivalent) that is highly desirable and will set your application above the rest!
Due to strict security requirements, this opportunity is only available to sole British passport holders only.
What the role of the Product Cyber Security Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Product Cyber Security Engineer will include:
- The successful candidate will work on an innovative industrial controls system (ICS) to ensure the generation, design, implementation and verification of Information Assurance and Cyber Security requirements. The candidate will be expected to be hands on, working from abstract requirements through to detailed design and into implementation and test verification.
- In verification they will lead on specifying detailed test criteria by operating closely with the implementation team and will be expected to be able to conduct a significant degree of the formal technical testing themselves in addition to the production of high-quality reports.
- This role sits alongside others being provided by the mechanical and electrical, architecture, and network and communications teams, whilst working to the primary Control Systems team which is responsible for security functionality and outcomes; excellent technical and communications skills are a pre-requisite.
What experience you need to be the successful Product Cyber Security Engineer:
- A demonstrable track-record of successful Information Assurance / Product Cyber Security work;
- A broad information assurance mind-set, able to assimilate and consider issues from the technical, process and business perspective, supported by a pragmatic attitude to the implementation of security within a defence environment;
- A sound understanding of the procedures required to identify, quantify and address information assurance or cyber vulnerabilities within a product, project and organisation;
- Experience of the development and implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans, policies, processes and technical controls;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Experience with formal accreditation processes, e.g. JSP440, HMG IS1/2;
- Experience in the conduct of Vulnerability Testing and reporting;
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Product Cyber Security Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.