|Location: Chelmsford||Salary: £40000 - £47000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Job Title: Product Engineer
My client is a global leader in specialised components and subsystems for innovative solutions in medical, science, aerospace, defence and industrial applications.
Their products are everywhere, hospitals, planes, ships and even outer space, but you will only see them if you know where to look.
Working with them will enable you to develop and gain experience in the ideas that are behind some of the most advanced technologies in the world. You will also get a chance to work alongside highly experienced engineers, technicians and scientists.
This role within the Production Engineering team and will bring with it the flexibility to work across all product ranges within RF Power (when required), contributing to the strategic growth of the business, delivering consistent capability and improved capacity to our manufacturing processes.
- Work with manufacturing and supply teams on all issues and problems of a technical nature, driving these to full root cause with sustainable corrective actions in place.
- Develop short to mid-range improvement plans for both product and process, working with the relevant stakeholders.
- Assist manufacturing in creating balanced lines with the flexibility to change dependant on the production requirements.
- Write and review process FMEA & control plans and complete Risk Assessments, close the loop on identified actions.
- Involvement in the analysis of new and existing designs to ensure DFM & DFA criteria is met.
- Plan and control the execution of manufacturing change from concept to production acceptance for process improvements and trials through permits, concessions, SWI's etc.
- Work closely with the New Dawn Operational Excellence program.
- Identification and preparation of CAPEX justifications when required, with full detailing of specifications and ROI for each application; followed after installation with cost benefit realisation.
- Review, update, write and maintain clear and concise work instructions (SOP's) for use by the Operations area.
- Creation of assembly jigging design intent and implementation in to production.
- Investigate document and report faults with customer owned products. Implementing improvements to solve documented faults.
- Maintaining of control documents and all product manufacturing standard times.
- Support Sales with the preparation of data for customer and project bids.
- Control the introduction of new parts and tools into the manufacturing environment.
- Challenge conventions in order to ensure continuous improvements, especially with regard to manufacturing cost and ease of manufacture.
- At all points during production process give manufacturing technical input.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in component manufacture and mechanical assembly manufacturing engineering.
- Demonstrable experience in an engineering function in support of manufacturing.
- Knowledge of mechanical manufacturing philosophies, i.e. design for manufacture I assembly / test techniques.
- A working knowledge of electrical and mechanical assembly, manufacturing and test
- CI, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology, Quality toolset experience.
- Problem solving experience (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
- Good communication skills that can sell and influence to a range of audiences internally and externally with the ability to work with all levels of the business.
- Understanding of SPC data and calculations
- An ability to produce concise reports and effective presentations.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of self-motivation and creativity.
- Hands on with product, process, people and customer.
- An independent thinker and able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team to tight deadlines.
- Computer Literate (MS Office/Project/Visio)
- Strong analytical skills.
- Capable of obtaining SC - Security Clearance + ITAR Clearance
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.