|Location: Reading, Berkshire||Salary: £35000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Product Safety Engineer
Glasgow or Reading.
£35,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Product Safety Engineer. This role will directly contribute to the on-going development of the Land, Naval and Air product and systems response to emergent and changing Legislation and Standards.
The role holder will have suitable qualifications, relevant experience in engineering design/delivery and its lifecycle and be able to demonstrate appropriate behaviours and skills, The Product Safety Engineer will be responsible for providing support to the Safety and Technical authorities, the safety team and the wider organisation.
Key Responsibilities & Task:
The primary purpose of this role covers the following key aspects:
- Exercising duties in accordance with the requirements of corporate governance
- Supporting the Safety Authority and Managers in the delivery and assurance of compliant products through the provision of their specialist knowledge in product safety engineering
- Demonstrating strong and active commitment to product safety engineering, setting and demonstrating high standards across all competency areas
- Identifying to the Safety Authority and Safety Assurance Manager any concerns regarding the safety of a product, or the application of policies and processes.
- To generate safety artefacts required to support the product safety argument, such as Safety & Environmental Management Plans, Hazard Logs and Safety & Environmental Case Reports.
- To facilitate appropriate hazard/risk identification and analysis, and associated evaluation and management activities. This will include functional failure analysis, Failure Mode & Effects Analysis, Fault & Event Tree Analysis.
- To develop and ensure fundamental product safety requirements are incorporated from an early design phase, and maintained throughout.
- To support other disciplines to scope appropriate safety functions that can be implemented. This may include looking at safety architectures and functional block diagrams.
- To support Project Design Authorities in achieving compliance with Legislation, Regulations and Standards applicable to the product(s).
- Act as the Product Safety point of contact for the project team, particularly in terms of collation of evidence and deliverables required from the team to support the product safety argument.
- To escalate issues to the Safety Manager regarding the safety programme for a product.
- To provide input from a safety perspective to DDQS Design Reviews and to raise any concerns at the meeting.
- To contribute where possible to the improvement and continual development of the Safety Management System and associated processes, and raise any potential improvements identified with the Safety Manager
- To peer review product safety-related artefacts generated by others in the team.
- To report on the status of safety programmes.
- To provide safety input to bid activities, and provide guidance as to the safety programme requirements
- Ability to manage multiple safety programmes, including scheduling and interacting with stakeholders.
- To support the development of Product Safety training material and to deliver the training.
- In depth knowledge of Product Safety Management Processes, and experienced in the implementation and delivery of Product and System Safety Engineering activities.
- Knowledgeable with respect to Product Safety related Legislation, Regulation and Standards
- Practiced in the use of hazard and risk identification, assessment and management techniques.
- Knowledge of lifecycle management, its requirements and application.
- Experience in accurately costing/estimating tasks.
- Experienced in developing the strategy for evidence based arguments.
- Ability to build positive and effective relationships with all stakeholders, including team members and customers.
- Experience of Functional Safety.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.