|Location: Glasgow, Scotland||Salary: £35000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Product Safety Engineer.
Glasgow or Reading.
£35,000 - £55,000 dep on experience + Benefits Package.
We have a great new opportunity for a Product Safety Engineer to be based in either Glasgow or Reading. Working for a fantastic company that are globally recognised.
- To generate safety artefacts required to support the product safety argument, such as Safety & Environmental Management Plans, Hazard Logs and Safety & Environmental Case Reports.
- To facilitate appropriate hazard/risk identification and analysis, and associated evaluation and management activities. This will include functional failure analysis, Failure Mode & Effects Analysis, Fault & Event Tree Analysis.
- To develop and ensure fundamental product safety requirements are incorporated from an early design phase, and maintained throughout.
- To support other disciplines to scope appropriate safety functions that can be implemented. This may include looking at safety architectures and functional block diagrams.
- To support Project Design Authorities in achieving compliance with Legislation, Regulations and Standards applicable to the product(s).
- To provide input from a safety perspective to DDQS Design Reviews and to raise any concerns at the meeting.
- To contribute where possible to the improvement and continual development of the Thales Safety Management System and associated processes, and raise any potential improvements identified with the SAM
- To assist the WPM in generating reasonable bid estimates and recording 'actuals' throughout the programme.
- To peer review product safety-related artefacts generated by others in the team.
- To report on the status of safety programmes.
- To provide safety input to bid activities, and provide guidance as to the safety programme requirements
- Ability to manage multiple safety programmes, including scheduling and interacting with stakeholders.
- To support the development of Product Safety training material and to deliver the training.
- In depth knowledge of Product Safety Management Processes, and experienced in the implementation and delivery of Product and System Safety Engineering activities.
- Knowledgeable with respect to Product Safety related Legislation, Regulation and Standards
- Practiced in the use of hazard and risk identification, assessment and management techniques.
- Knowledge of lifecycle management, its requirements and application.
- Experience in accurately costing/estimating tasks.
- Experienced in developing the strategy for evidence based arguments.
- Ability to build positive and effective relationships with all stakeholders, including team members and customers.
- Experience of Functional Safety.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.