|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: £35000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Product Safety Engineer.
Based in London
£35,000 - £55,000 dep on experience + Benefits Package.
We have a great new opportunity for a Product Safety Engineer to be based in London. This opportunity is working for a leading defence company that are globally recognised.
Your main responsibilities as a Product Safety Engineer will involve:
- Providing advice on product safety matter to the project and engineering managers delivering our programmes and ensuring the safety considerations are correctly considered, defined and implemented. This will include engaging with third parties, such as equipment or system suppliers, to review and gather supporting safety case evidence
- Developing the necessary studies and assessments, such as functional safety justifications, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and the production and maintenance of Safety Case documentation, in accordance with appropriate legal, industry and defence standards.
- Using your expertise and experience to make recommendations for improvements where appropriate, at the same time keeping abreast of changing safety standards and industry best-practice.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science).
- Broad knowledge of industry safety standards (such as Def Stan 00-56, IEC 61508 or similar)
- Demonstrable experience in safety engineering activities in the defence, maritime or a relevant highly-controlled domain.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.