|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £35000 - £42000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Safety, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Product Safety Engineer
Portsmouth / Southampton area
£35,000 - £42,000 + Excellent Benefits and Career growth opportunities.
This oportunity for a Product Safety Engineer is with one of the world's leading defence and aerospace companies. They have a wide portfolio of cutting-edge and technically challenging products and services spanningacross the naval maritime sector. If you enjoy a challenge in your job this is the place for you.
The product lines include cutting edge radars, torpedoes, mine deterrents, training systems and high-tech information management systems, many of which will be in use with our military well into the 21st century. Based in Portsmouth, this role will provide a Product Safety with the opportunity for long term career growth and development, working on unique and exciting projects across an extensive maritime portfolio.
Your main responsibilities as Product Safety Engineer:
- Providing advice and guidance to project teams and the MOD on Product Safety, COSHH and other occupational safety issues;
- Ensuring safety considerations are an integral part of the design process and take consideration of the whole product lifecycle;
- Preparing, maintaining and managing the implementation of project Safety Management Systems evolving them where necessary to ensure that product safety can be managed in a cost-effective manner;
- Creating the safety argument for all products and services delivered by the project, employing all required facets of the product safety lifecycle in accordance with the Product Safety Policy;
- Ensuring that the standards of Product Safety defined by statutory, business and customer requirements are observed in the design of the Product produced by, or resulting from the project (e.g. DSA02-DMR, Def Stan 00-056).
Your skills and qualifications:
- Degree within an Engineering and or Safety discipline or equivalent qualification or experience;
- Understanding of the principles of SFAIRP and ALARP.
- Demonstrable experience of operating across the whole engineering lifecycle;
- Demonstrable track record of managing and delivering Product Safety tasks;
- Hold relevant knowledge of applicable legislation and standards (e.g. HASAW, DSA02-DMR, Def Stan 00-056, Def Stan 00-055, BS EN-61508).
- Knowledge of the whole Product Safety lifecycle;
- Demonstrable experience of recognised Safety Engineering techniques
Employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme (EAP), Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.