|Location: Farnborough||Salary: £40000 - £52000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Product Security Engineer
UK Wide - Remote Working - Portsmouth/Bristol/Farnborough/Glasgow
£40,000 - £52,000
Product Security Engineer needed for a leading defence and security organisation with offices across the UK, such as Portsmouth/Bristol/Farnborough/Glasgow areas who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Product Security Engineer that takes pride in their work.
This role is currently offering full remote working, with an onsite presence required for meetings roughly once or twice per month.
As a Product Security Engineer, you will be degree qualified within electrical engineering or equivalent experience. This role will ensure Information and Security across multiple programmes. This work will include liaising with projects, systems accreditors, producing Information Assurance documentation and providing advice and guidance to help shape technical solutions and ensure projects have common security processes in place.
What the role of the Product Security Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Product Security Engineer will include:
- Manage the Accreditation of a number of Maritime programmes at varying points in the lifecycle.
- Liaise with the system accreditor(s) to manage expectations and ensure that Information Assurance requirements are met and risk is reduced to acceptable level.
- Determine the Information Assurance Strategy for each project including how requirements will be flowed down to suppliers
- Influence and shape the technical design for each product to build security into the design from the beginning.
- Ensure project security is in place including arrangement between suppliers and partners and for reference rigs.
- Producing and collecting Accreditation Documentation
- Inputting sections of the Bid Proposal Document
- Support functional Information Assurance activities.
- Keep up to date in relevant Information Assurance standards, process and technologies, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services
What experience you need to be the successful Product Security Engineer:
- Solid engineering experience and product security background
- Experience of or working in information assurance (ideally with UK/NATO/International standards).
- Knowledge and understanding of current legislation, standards, processes and (IA) tools used in Security engineering.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Information Assurance risk assessment
- Must have completed an IAS1&2 Training Course
- Experience of working within a large engineering programme would be an advantage.
- CCP qualifications or experience of competencies of practitioner level in 'Security & Information Risk Advisor' and/or Senior IA Architect role would be an advantage or suitable relevant experience.
- Exposure to SHE Management System, mitigating risks and improving overall SHE performance
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Product Security Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.