|Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Production Controller needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Aylesbury. They're looking to employ an experienced Production Controller who will be responsible for generation of requirement plans from Sales Order Information. Work closely with the supply team to organise purchases that meet customer and delivery requirements. Produce high quality equipment to the required standards and timescales within a small team.
The successful Production Controller will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus
- Contributed pension plan
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Production Controller will include:
- Interpret Sales Order Information and generate production requirements and planning.
- Understand the purchasing and production needs in order to achieve time and cost criteria for each project.
- Review production plans to identify and report potential risks to Manager.
- Plan and monitor material movement in production cycles to ensure continuous operations.
- Review customer orders and accordingly establish priorities and schedules, working within the defined resources.
- Plan overall manufacturing requirements on a multi project basis.
- Organise kitting for production assemblies, ensuring that kits are correct and prepared for production on a JIT basis.
- Ensure the correct purchase of necessary components with Purchasing team.
- Liaise with Purchasing and Suppliers to achieve timely delivery of goods.
- Liaise with Production Manager on manufacturing procedures and issues.
- Assist with the planning of the internal Machine Shop Wiring and PCB Departments.
- Prepare cost-to-date and cost-to-complete reports.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of new/current procedures, methods, and process documents.
- Daily monitoring and achievement of manufacturing targets to include quality metrics, productivity metrics. Ensuring compliance with manufacturing safety, process, procedures and quality assurance standards.
What you need to be the successful Production Controller:
In order to be the successful Production Controller and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Previous experience of Production Control in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in us of ERP/MRP Systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent planning, organisation and time management skills.
- HNC qualified or equivalent in Engineering, Manufacturing or Production.
- Background in an engineering to order/build to order production. environment.
- Ability to read manufacturing drawings.
- Knowledge of Continuous improvement methodologies
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Production Controller to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.