|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £32000 - £38000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 30 days ago|
Production Engineer/Senior Production Engineer
My client develops technology for high performance systems and equipment for the Aerospace, Defence, Space, and Medical Industries.
The RF Power Production Engineering team provides engineering resources to support Operational performance and major product development projects; from design through to engineering build and production support, to end of life of product. The team provides full product lifecycle support including prototype design & build, development and integration of processes and build documentation, and full production build through to post sales/field support for both new & existing product portfolios.
This role is a key position with the Production Engineering team and will bring with it the flexibility to work across all product ranges within RF Power (when required), contributing to the strategic growth of the business, delivering consistent capability and improved capacity to our manufacturing processes.
The successful candidate will ensure that all manufacturing configuration controls are in place and up to date through the life of the product, report to the customer on technical issues and assist the Operations facility. The main focus of the role will be to deliver continuous improvement opportunities directly impacting the profitability of RF Power and to educate their peers in lean manufacturing philosophies.
The Senior Production Engineer will drive a proactive approach to right first time quality to promote growth, will enhance the reputation of the business through exceptional quality standards and contribute towards a significant reduction in overall manufacturing costs.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in component manufacture and mechanical assembly manufacturing engineering.
- Demonstrable experience in an engineering function in support of manufacturing.
- Considerable knowledge of mechanical manufacturing philosophies, i.e. design for manufacture I assembly / test techniques.
- A working knowledge of electrical and mechanical assembly, manufacturing and test
- Basic electronics including fault finding to component level
- In depth CI, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology, Quality toolset experience.
- Problem solving experience (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
- Good communication skills that can sell and influence to a range of audiences internally and externally with the ability to work with all levels of the business.
- Understanding of SPC data and calculations
- An ability to produce concise reports and effective presentations.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of self-motivation and creativity.
- Hands on with product, process, people and customer.
- An independent thinker and able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team to tight deadlines.
- Computer Literate (MS Office/Project/Visio)
- Strong analytical skills.
- Capable of obtaining SC - Security Clearance and ITAR Clearance
- ERP / SAP Systems experience
- Experience in implementing product safety risk assessments and application of required mitigation activities
- Project Management Experience.
- Knowledge of vacuum electronic technology would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of electrical and RF test techniques would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of High Voltage electronics and encapsulation
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.