|Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Space, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Production Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Aylesbury. They're looking to employ an experienced Production Engineer who will be able to liaise with all departments, throughout the complete design and production lifecycle, to ensure efficient development, manufacture and delivery of products to customers.
The successful Production Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus
- Contributed pension plan
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Production Engineer will include:
- Produce shop floor layouts to allow efficient flow of product through assembly processes. Skilled at optimising waste reduction, value added stages and skilled in developing VSM's.
- Analysing manufacturing process flows for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughout.
- Able to develop and implement process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environments, including Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques
- Investigate and keep up to date with current and developing trends at national and international level in the manufacturing industry to enhance our manufacturing processes and capability.
- Provide active input to the design review process. Familiar in DFM techniques that will ensure a smooth transition of product from design to production. Must be clearly focused on ensuring a quality output is delivered on time in full to our customers.
- Produce and maintain detailed process documentation and assembly instructions to ensure consistent quality standards are maintained throughout manufacturing processes.
- Ensure conformance to Company policies and procedures, Health & Safety, and Environmental legislation - carry out risk assessments of all related production processes and procedures.
- Design of specialist production tooling (jigs & fixtures) to ensure efficient assembly of products.
- Specification, procurement, introduction (approval and training) of new production equipment and processes.
- Assist in the training of production operatives in manufacturing procedures and processes, using the appropriate Operation Specifications, USP's and Company procedures.
- Liaise with suppliers to confirm specifications of new or modified items for prototype and production purposes.
- Support supply chain to help resolve technical and non-conformance issues.
- Communicate and liaise with other departments (QA, Engineering and Supply chain) to resolve production issues.
- Support production assembly with technical and day to day manufacturing issues.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
What you need to be the successful Production Engineer:
In order to be the successful Production Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Detailed knowledge of a broad range of manufacturing technology, processes, and concepts
- Knowledge of IPC standards associated with PCB and wiring harness assembly.
- Experience of low, medium volume and cellular manufacturing
- Good understanding of mechanical principles and manufacturing processes
- Experience gained within an electro-mechanical assembly environment.
- Experience of working in a UK SC cleared environment.
- Degree in suitable related engineering discipline (ideal) i.e Mechanical, Manufacturing or Production Engineering or HNC (Minimum) in related subject (Mechanical/ Electrical, manufacturing technology).
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Production Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.