|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Up to £1 per hour|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Sam Davies||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Production Engineer needed for a multinational electronics manufacturer based in Greenford who are looking to employ an experienced Production Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of building electro-mechanical assemblies.
The successful Production Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a very competitive rate of pay.
What the role entails: Responsible for building electro-mechanical assemblies and using automated test equipment to the required quality standards, whilst working to customer delivery deadlines
Some of the main duties of the Production Engineer will include:
* Build electro-mechanical assemblies to IPC-A-610 standard
* Carry out automated tests of built sub-assemblies and general assemblies
* Pack products
* Adhere to work procedures, quality standards and timescales
* Train colleagues when requested to do so, to agreed company standards in working practices and process
* Ensure all work is carried out promptly and with the instructions given
* Report any issues to Team Leader or Line Manager
* Work with team members to adhere to deadlines, demonstrating flexibility where required to meet business needs
* Maintain a clean and safe working environment
* Maintaining good working relations
* Check quality of the product through self-inspection
* Record and report any discrepancies or non-conformances
* Achieve targets - output targets, quality targets
* ESD awareness
* FOD awareness
What you need to be the successful Production Engineer:
* Numerate and literate
* Basic computer skills
* Experience of working within a similar Manufacturing environment preferred
* Use of production tools such as crimp tools, wire strippers, soldering irons, heat guns etc.
* Attention to detail
* Needs to be methodical
* Good communication skills
* Dexterous, with the ability to skilfully manipulate components
* Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Able to work as part of a team
* Capable of working unsupervised
* Able to use initiative
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Production Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.