|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Production Team Leader
Production Team Leader needed for a leading aerospace and defence company who specialise within maritime, who are based in West London.
They are looking to employ an experienced Production Team Leader who will be responsible for production section supervision and control of resources to meet day to day targets whilst meeting Production requirements, and to do this you will need to be able to review and prepare work packages and schedules for production along with monitoring and reporting on drawing and material issues.
Also, the Production Team Leader will have experience within Production Operator duties: Build electro-mechanical assemblies, carry out automated tests of built sub-assemblies and general assemblies and check quality of the product through self-inspection.
Benefits on offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Early finish Friday
- 5% Bonus
- Subsidised gym and canteen
- 25 days' holiday
- Option to buy further 5 days'
- Cycle to work scheme and retail vouchers
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Production Team Leader will include:
- Deployment of production operators (team) as required by the production schedule to meet completion dates according to stage build\test, sales forecasts or customer orders
- Review and preparation of work packages and schedules for production along with monitoring and reporting on drawing and material issues
- Manage the implementation of design changes
- Liaison with external departments (Planning, Procurement Production Engineering, QA,).
- Reporting of progress, status and plans to complete.
- Ensure that assigned section activities are conducted in accordance with company procedures and standards ensuring high quality output
- Responsible for production elements, (as determined by the role), from initial receipting of material to final assembly, test and final delivery
- Actively support team members in Production Operator duties as and when required:
- Build electro-mechanical assemblies to IPC-A-610 standard
- Carry out automated tests of built sub-assemblies and general assemblies
- Pack products
- Check quality of the product through self-inspection
- Record and report any discrepancies or non-conformances
- Monitor and achieve targets - output, quality, cost and health & safety
- Champion continuous improvement within the section and support initiatives to improve delivery times, process time, cost, quality, housekeeping and eliminate waste
- Train colleagues when required, to agreed company standards in working practices and processes
- Support team building and promote good working relations through example and good practice
- Use the non-conformance process to ensure defective material is returned to supplier
- Facilitate Health and Safety and Environmental procedures, ensuring staff adhere to relevant safety and environmental requirements
- Deputise for Production Supervisor\ Manager if required
- Manage material shortages and discrepancies through the use of IFS and communication with stores/procurement/planning
- Day to day decisions that may influence the efficiency of the section
- Requires analysis of information, KPIs and targets to ensure on track
- Work closely with other Team Leaders, Planners, Engineering, Buyers and Engineers to resolve issues related to the section
- Understand and work to assembly drawings and instructions
- Impact - line stoppage, delays, costs and quality
- Carry out initial analysis and problem solving if unable to resolve escalate to Supervisor\Manager
- Regular verbal and written communication including emails with both internal and external stakeholders/customers/suppliers
- Good verbal and written communication which includes being able to provide instruction and direction to a team
- Complete travellers and\or test sheets
- Handle information of a sensitive, confidential or secret nature
- Manage, motivate and develop employees (direct reports) to ensure that they fulfil their roles and meet targets effectively and on a timely basis to agreed quality standards
- Coach direct reports to help them further develop in their own roles and levels of expertise
- Responsible for on the job training
- Responsible for conducting Performance Development & 1:1 Reviews
- Responsible for performing return to work interviews
- Manage Teams bookings/sickness/holidays through ERP system (IFS)
- Recruitment off shop floor staff
What you need to be the successful Production Team Leader:
In order to be the successful Production Team Leader and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally have experience within most of the responsibilities above.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Production Team Leader to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Production Team Leader role, you need to be eligible for SC security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.