|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £60000 - £80000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Programme Manager required for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire. The Programme Manager will be part of a small cross functional project team. They will not have people management responsibility for that team in terms of development/coaching etc. However, they will be responsible for task management. This will include several Control Account Managers (CAMs) reporting into the Programme Manager from a tasking point of view.
The successful Programme Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- £60,000 - £80,000 per annum
- Contributed pension plan
- 9 day working fortnight
- Career progression
- Health insurance coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Sick and bereavement leave
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Programme Manager will include:
- Establishing the baseline plan to deliver commitments and achieve the performance, cost, schedule and quality objectives.
- Developing and maintaining the programme organisation, roles and responsibilities and the matrix relationship to business functions
- Managing the execution and performance against the baseline.
- Managing execution of and transition between all phases.
- Ensuring timely and thorough requirements development, communication, traceability, baselining, configuration control, validation and verification.
- Establishing and maintaining management plans
- Ensuring the programme's plans, schedules, budgets developed and technical, cost, schedule and resource baselines are set and maintained, taking account of dependencies, resource requirements and contractual and financial commitments.
- Implementing a Programme Performance Management process.
- Implementing data management and configuration management processes.
- Ensuring the programmes risks and opportunities are identified, monitored and mitigation plans devised and implemented.
- Ensuring compliance with Company process and procedures (Command Media).
- Undertaking the required reviews to ensure good governance by providing evidence based progress and status information and reports.
- Leading the programme team to deliver through empowerment and motivation
- Managing stakeholders.
What you need to be the successful Programme Manager:
In order to be the successful Programme Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Prior Programme Management experience.
- Experienced in delivering successful Projects in the corporate environment.
- Evidence of frequent interaction with senior leaders.
- Proven record of shaping/influencing financial/strategic decision making.
- Strong leadership attributes.
- Must have had ultimate responsibility for delivering an entire programme. It does not have to have been a huge programme but ideally somewhere in the range of at least £50m - £100m in value.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Programme Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.