|Location: Havant||Salary: £64500 - £70000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kayleigh Budgen|
Programme Manager needed for a highly reputable and leading Defence organisation based in the Portsmouth area who are looking to employ an experienced and organised Programme Manager that has previous experience in a similar environment.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Programme Manager will include:
- Managing subordinate teams, overseeing subcontractors or critical subcontracted systems for all contract types and programs.
- Directs and manages all costs, quality, schedule, financial and technical performance requirements that are levied on the subcontractor or the product family and is required to ensure performance and support of the contract milestones of the system.
- Develops sourcing and subcontract program management strategic plans that address overall program capture needs and execution.
- Acts as the main focal point to the subcontractor and program management office.
- Responsible for and directs all phases of the subcontract from initiation of the business case for make or buy decisions through requests for proposals, subcontract management plans, negotiation strategy, cost accountability and program execution.
- Makes decisions affecting the performance of the subcontractor.
- Establishes milestone objectives and manages performance to committed schedules and contractual specifications.
- Leads team normally composed of engineers, quality and procurement personnel.
What experience you need to be a successful Programme Manager:
- Supplier and/or Programme/Project Management Experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter - works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Problem solving - provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organisational objectives.
- Liaison capability - Frequent inter-organisational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Strategically aware - Defines the strategic direction and completion of specific programs and projects, through sourcing strategy and supplier positioning.
- Demonstrable Risk and Opportunity management experience
- Ability to manage and control scope using change control processes
- Supplier management and negotiation experience with supplier performance analysis skill set
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task (position may include programme execution and proposal support efforts) across multiple programmes/platforms
- Experience of creating schedules and managing internal and external parties to the schedule
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ideally require Bachelor's degree from an accredited college. Will also consider individuals with equivalent experience / combined education
- Previous experience working with Procurement System
- Strong knowledge of Earned Value (EV) techniques
- Engineering lifecycle knowledge
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Programme Manager to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that UK Security Clearance up to SC Level is required for the Programme Manager position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.