|Location: Surrey, England||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
My client based in the Surrey area are a leading software house who are recruiting for a Project Co-ordinator to be part of a busy project team.
As a Project Co-ordinator you will be invloved with full SDLC (software development lifecycle) of projects working in an Agile project practice, involved with daily sprints.
As a Project Co-Ordinator you will recieve the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hour working week
- Private healthcare scheme, subject to qualifying employment period and scheme eligibility
- Stakeholder pension opportunities, subject to scheme qualification criteria
- 25 days holiday per year
Project Co-Ordinator Description:
As a Project Co-ordinator who will be responsible for co-ordinating the development and implementation of software systems into a number of organisations in the UK and abroad.
As a Project Co-ordinator you will act as a conduit between the business analysis team, the development team and the client. The role involves preparing development plans, managing the throughput of work to developers, monitoring output and making necessary preparations for testing and deployment.
As a Project Co-ordinator you will need to understand the software development cycle well and will benefit from having a good technical knowledge. Experience of Agile project management methodologies (or similar) is desirable.
Project Co-Ordinator Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Project Managers and Product Owners to understand client requirements and project plans.
- Participate in the preparation and review of requirements documents.
- Elaborate business requirements to provide sufficient details and clarity for the development team.
- Break down requirements into individual items and record them on the product backlog.
- Work with the client and/or the Project Manager to prioritise requirements.
- Assist with the development of test cases.
- Liaise with the development team to obtain estimates for development tasks.
- Allocate developers to development 'sprints' (usually two-week work plans).
- Assign work to each sprint, taking account of priorities, developer availability, capacity and deadlines.
- Carry out pre-sprint meetings with the development team to ensure that they are aware of work plans.
- Carry out regular 'scrum' meetings with the development team to ensure development plans are on track.
- Carry out post-sprint meetings to review output.
- Keep the client, Project Managers and Product Owners up-to-date on development plans and output.
- Deal with queries from the development team and provide prompt resolution to any impediment.
- Monitor the output of the development team including rework levels, bugs and estimates vs actuals.
- Maintain detailed records of project-related activities.
- Prepare and distribute release notes to the client.
- Alert the Project Manager or the client of any risk to agreed delivery plans.
- Organise testing resources for pre-release testing activities.
- Organise implementation resources for system deployments, upgrades and patches.
Project Co-Ordinator Essential Requirements:
- Highly organised with an ability to manage and execute tasks effectively.
- Knowledge of Agile project management methodologies.
- SDLC (software development lifecycle.
- Previous experience of managing a development team.
- Ability to prioritise to meet clients' needs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent management skills.
- Good all-round technical (IT/IS) knowledge.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team.
- A flexible approach to work and a 'can do' attitude.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.