|Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Candidates applying must be eligible for SC level security clearance (MUST hold a british passport)
Project Co-ordinator needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Electronics Engineering company who provides electronic products for the military in Loudwater. The candidate must be eligible for Security Clearance (hold a British passport only).
Benefits for the Project Co-ordinator:
My client offers a competitive salary, brilliant benefits and fantastic career progression.
Purpose of the Project Co-ordinator:
The Project Co-ordinator will be responsible for supporting the PMO Manager in the implementation of best practice across all programmes/projects, and identifying potential opportunities for efficiency and process improvements.
Some of the main duties of the Project Co-ordinator will include:
* Develop resourced & time phased programme/project schedules with critical paths ensuring task status is updated and progress against milestones maintained.
* Organise and facilitate work package reviews with project teams and track progress, issues, exceptions using the standardised PMO Toolset.
* Assemble project financial information, review ETCs, EACs, costflow and other inputs with budget holders and submit updated forecasts to the the companies financial system once approved by programme/project manager. Agree identified variances and manage with project manager & project accounts.
* Produce and review resource utilisation reports and work with the programme/project manager to update resource forward load data. Ensure resource demand and supply data in project plans accurately reflect the project requirements.
* Present schedule and related data in agreed metric formats for capture & reporting. Ensure timely compilation and data availability in line with the companies project reporting process.
* Produce and maintain risk registers and organise regular risk reviews with risk owners to track mitigation actions. Include mitigation actions in plans as part of performance management baselines and perform risk quantitative analysis as required.
* Co-ordinate the compilation of accurate bids cost books with the Bid Manager, and work with the assigned bid manager provide review support in line with the companies bid management process.
* Work with the PMO Manager to enforce the companies Project Management processes and practices, ensuring consistent schedules, risk schedule detail and formatting, and general project data.
What you need to be the successful Project Co-ordinator:
* ONC or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject.
* Have excellent IT skills, MS Office (in particular Excel at intermediate level.
* Thorough understanding of Project/Programme Management principles.
* Competent in creating, maintaining and reporting project schedules using MS Project.
* Can create, maintain and report risks and carry out Schedule Risk Analysis.
* Can maintain project data.
* Can maintain resource demand in the resource management system.
* Excellent knowledge of scheduling techniques to create WBS, OBS AND PBS.
* Good understanding of resource management, roles and disciplines used on programmes.
* Numerate astuteness and demonstrable good judgement.
* Can create and maintain project schedules including identification of activities and milestones and their logical dependencies. Can carry out estimation of activity durations, taking into account requirements and availability of resources, and carry out variance analysis of the set.
* Can conduct risk reviews using the Risk & Opportunities Management Process and capable of creating, maintaining and reporting on related risk registers.
* Can produce programme review metrics and reports.
* APM or PMI equivalent.
* Prince 2.
* MSP practitioner.
* In service support.
* Experience of working within and engineering/electronic related projects or functions.
* Experience of working within the Defence sector, especially within the Naval business.
* Use EVM principles effectively to manage and report progress on a project.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Co-ordinator to progress their career within the defence industry.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.