|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Project Engineer needed for a leading nuclear and defence company based in Dorset. They are looking to employ an experienced Project Engineer who has an understanding of modelling and simulation techniques, someone who has the ability to work in an international project environment and someone who has experience or similar experience working with customers / other stakeholders developing technical solutions within a nuclear controls and instrumentation (C&I) environment.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Engineer will include:
- Work with customers and other stakeholders to develop technical solutions within a nuclear controls and instrumentation (C&I) environment.
- Operating at the plant systems level on reactor C&I projects, ensure that the project team is provided with current plant configuration and interfacing information by accessing appropriate document repositories and by frequent communication with the customer and internal technical staff.
- Provide project team technical leadership and ensure coordination and alignment of technical resources and design intent both within the project and with other projects within the same programme - produce schedules, diagrams and other materials such as internal and external technical presentations to assure alignment and communication.
- Contribute to new product generation and development of existing products and systems.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure service and product technical suitability.
- Provide advice and guidance to other departments on the company's products and services, including detailed information for specification, design, manufacture and product maintenance in line with industry requirements.
- Ensure the quality framework of the technical community is appropriately implemented and maintained.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure service and product quality.
- Follow and aid development, where necessary, of the company's processes.
What you need to be the successful Project Engineer:
In order to be the successful Project Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- BSc in Nuclear Engineering (but other relevant engineering / science degree such as electrical, control or physics will be considered).
- Direct experience, civil or military, of safety-related C&I (including sensors, cabling and penetrations) in a nuclear reactor environment - other high SIL environment experience will be considered
- Understanding of modelling and simulation techniques.
- Systems integration experience.
- Knowledge of related engineering and manufacturing disciplines.
- Systems engineering appreciation (specifically requirements management and interface management).
- Electronics and software design appreciation.
- Ability to work in an international project environment.
- Must be eligible for BPSS security clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Project Engineer role, you need to be eligible for BPSS security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.