|Location: Redhill, Surrey||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
About the Project Engineer Role:
We have an exciting new opportunity to work for a Project Engineer to work for an independent multidisciplinary engineering practice.
The business covers; structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and transportation and has five UK offices and overseas.
The successful Project Engineer will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on delivery of results to their clients.
You'll be working as part of a team and reporting to a senior staff member where you will work on a variety of Civil Engineering and Development Planning / Regeneration projects.
The Team regularly undertakes projects in a variety of sectors including:
Where they work with a broad range of both public sector and private sector clients in the UK. Their Redhill office delivers a complete range of Civil Engineering services from due diligence and scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring.
Key skills needed for the Project Engineer:
- 3-4 years' experience in highways and drainage works in UK
- Knowledge of storm and foul water drainage network design using MicroDrainage
- Knowledge of and design capability for SUDS systems
- Conversant with highway layouts (vertical and horizontal alignments)
- Competent in using AutoCAD for general civil engineering drawing production
- Knowledge of Flood Risk Assessments would be beneficial
- Experience of preparing calculations, drawings and reports
- Able to successfully communicate with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers
- Familiar with Health & Safety, environmental and managerial procedures
- Able to present / represent your technical work (presentations / meetings)
- Comfortable with assigning and checking the work of technicians/administrative staff
- Be working towards Chartership with a relevant professional body
About you as the Project Engineer:
- A questioning / challenging approach - not be afraid to ask the right question at the right time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements or seek guidance when unsure
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- A commercial and client focused approach
- Applicants should have an MEng (or equivalent) Civil Engineering Degree.
The candidate should ideally:
- Have 3-5 years' experience of producing foul and surface water drainage designs, highways, S38, S278, cut and fill etc.
- Taken projects from concept to construction
- Have strong experience in AutoCAD and Civils3D
- Have proven experience of leading the civil's aspects on the projects that they have worked on
- Be chartered / able to demonstrate clear understanding of their route to chartership and have started this process
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.