|Location: Leeds||Salary: £40.00 - £47.00 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Project Engineer/Bioengineer - 5748
Ltd rate up to £47/hour
PAYE rate up to 34.90/hour
Department: Research and Development, Leeds
Reporting to: MDR Senior Manager
Provide an appropriate level of innovative skill and knowledge in specific technical areas, which have been defined as major business opportunities or interests, and to assist in the creation products within these areas, which successfully meet customer and company needs. Contribute on the EU Medical Device Regulation transition program across the Joint Reconstruction business.
* Overall responsibility to his/her Manager for the attainment of technical goals agreed in relation to project objectives with the appropriate level of guidance and within agreed deadlines.
* May be given responsibility for specifying product designs and influencing the choice of raw materials, processes and equipment necessary to develop and manufacture products.
* May be given responsibility as project lead for aspects of the overall program or maintenance of existing products.
* To provide cover as required for other Bioengineers.
* To adhere to the company's procedures as detailed in the SOP manual.
* Provide a world-class service to customers, both within and without R&D.
* Supporting regulatory submissions for existing products in strategic markets.
* May handle several projects concurrently depending in the magnitude of each.
* Will meet delivery promise in terms of budget and timescales.
* Should work within a small team of the R&D Group which consists typically of 2, 3 or 4 Bioengineers with appropriate supervision.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in engineering or science subject, with 4 years' experience in a relevant technical area. MSc/MEng/MBA is preferred.
* An understanding of commercial considerations and creative R&D ability is essential for the job holder.
* Good communication skills with people at all levels.
* Able to handle the demands of a focused product development group.
* As R&D competency model and specifically:-
* Engineering design, development and analysis skills
* Communication and presentation skills
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.