|Location: Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Project Manager needed for a multinational defence organisation based near Bournemouth who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Project Manager that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of First Of A Kind Engineering (FOAKE), Bids including technical proposals, and creating / maintaining project schedules from scratch.
The Project Manager will provide control and leadership for project and bids, to be able to deliver projects to time and cost targets.
Please note, this role may require occasional travel to the USA, therefore you must be eligible to obtain USA entry clearance.
- Bonus schemes
- Flexible working
- Early finish Fridays
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
- Providing control and leadership for projects and bids, to deliver projects to time and cost targets.
- Undertake tasks / programme manage projects as directed by the Programme Manager
- Effective co-ordination of change control and claim management
- Take responsibility for the assigned project(s) from all aspects, leading the project team to deliver nominated projects within timescales and budgets.
- Organise, plan and progress, monitor and report on all aspects of the allocated project (technical, timescales, cost and risk)
- Manage the interface with the Customer and key suppliers
- Represent the Company at meetings (internal and external) and provide minutes and/or reports as required.
- Ensure that all communications from the project team, both verbal and written, are clear, unambiguous and correctly routed.
- Prepare and contribute to bids as required, including generating technical proposals and cost estimates within agreed (often-short) timescales.
- Achieving customer satisfaction through an understanding of their needs and drivers.
- Working with Business Development in the establishment and improvement of customer relationships and supporting new business
- Delivering project financial performance that matches or exceeds budget
- Identification and management of project risk and issues
- Identification for opportunities to expand business areas, through project scope increases
- Understanding and reporting project performance - this includes providing effective leadership and taking appropriate action where team performance deviates.
What experience you need to be the successful Project Manager:
- Project Management qualification such as Prince 2 or APM with Project management experience within a regulated industry
- Experienced in project management having 3-5 years minimum.
- Technical experience within a regulated industry
- Good commercial awareness within bid management and contract review.
- Strong Risk management and sound project finance control within reporting periods. Will have experience of creating and maintaining project schedules from scratch. Good forecasting to achieve stated targets is essential.
- Ability to lead, direct and manage multi-functional project teams
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and make decisions
- Good oral and written communication
- Technical degree
- Experience within organisations which have strong systems engineering practices.
- Primavera P6 experience
- Knowledge of DOORS and Costpoint an advantage
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised.
- A positive team player
- A finisher with a 'can do' attitude who works well under pressure
- Well-developed organization and time management skills
- Focused, proactive, adaptable, approachable and committed
- A smart, presentable candidate able to interface competently at appropriate levels, internally and externally with behaviors to match
- Flexible, goal orientated with a willingness to work extended hours when required to meet timescales. This role involves work with a transatlantic partner and flexibility is needed to manage time zones/workload.
- Able to deal with both technical and management communication and meetings
The successful candidate must be eligible for BPSS Security Clearance, and be able to obtain USA entry clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.