|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £38000 - £48000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Project Manager needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Portsmouth. They're looking to employ an experienced Project Manager who is highly motivated with strong programme management skills and a proven record of delivering against commitments.
The successful Project Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- £35,000 - £48,000 per annum
- Contributed Pension Plan
- 9 day working fortnight
- Career Progression
- Health insurance coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Sick and bereavement leave
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
General responsibilities include:
- Responsible, as a CAM, for the cost, schedule and technical performance of a very complex IPT that covers multiple functions, and programme areas.
- Work with, and lead multi-discpline IPT personnel to achieve programme commitments on time and to budget
- Work with the IPT Sub-contractor Programme Managers to ensure that the various Programme Major Subcontractors and Suppliers deliver their workshare elements in order to support programme goals.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership both within the Company and to the allocated Suppliers to ensure successful, integrated support and performance to the programme
- Liaise effectively at all levels up to and including Executive level to ensure key programme goals and milestones are achieved on time
- Develop a positive and cooperative team culture within both the Company and the Suppliers Organisations
- Identify, develop and execute long range plans and solutions for complex issues to meet programme performance commitments
- Ensure all applicable Programme Management and Business processes are applied and adhered to
- Provide accurate and timely reports and communication to keep the senior Programme Managers informed of internal and supplier performance, as well as possible relationship issues
- Co-ordinate engineering changes through internal and vendor functional groups establishing cost, schedule and performance impacts to maintain coherence with the Programme configuration baseline
- Ensures programme risks are identified and managed effectively to ensure overall program cost, schedule, and technical objectives are achieved
- Travel to Customer and Supplier sites to maintain possitive communication lines and meetings as required to meet the needs of the programme.
What you need to be the successful Project Manager:
In order to be the successful Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Have demonstrated Programme Management skills through all phases of the programme life cycle
- Have demonstrated the ability to establish, develop and maintain cohesive and cooperative business relationships across company boundaries
- Have demonstrated the ability to create and manage high performing teams to achieve organisational objectives
- Self-motivated individual with ability to interface at all levels within multiple organisations, with proven abilities to motivate a team
- An established leader with a proven, successful track record of achievement
- Capable of providing advice and guidance on all matters relating to subcontract / programme management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at the executive level
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Self-starter able to anticipate problems and develop solutions
- Experience in both engineering lifecycle and programme management disciplines, ideally within rotary military aviation
- Experience working with similar MoD customer sets
- Experience in opportunity identification and winning strategy
- Knowledge of Airborne Surveilance and Control methodology
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.