|Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
A Project Manager needed for a leading Defence company, who are based in Aylesbury. They are looking to employ an experienced Project Manager who has experience within project management, specifically in setting up, running and successfully delivering projects, someone who has the ability to successfully manage and deliver multi-disciplined projects in a matrix structure and preferably someone who has experience within satellite or engineering or aerospace industries.
What the role entails:
- To deliver complex engineering projects and bids on time, to budget and the required standard.
- Manage multiple Projects ranging in size up to ~£10m.
- To deliver industry leading satellite communications ground equipment for high profile government organizations around the globe
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
- Managing projects to meet the required financial and project constraints.
- Establishing, controlling and reporting project schedule & costs against an overall WBS & budget.
- Achieving acceptance of all elements of projects to schedule and cost.
- Accurately forecasting project cost, cash & resource demands
- Establishing and maintaining project metrics to measure and report progress.
- Effectively communicating with all project stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
- Effectively managing project issues, risk & opportunities, data, and action logs, including item closure.
- Managing subcontractors to deliver requirements on time and to budget.
- Planning and conducting effective internal, customer and sub-contractor progress reviews.
- Preparing customer & internal progress reports in an agreed format.
- Establishing and implementing Project Management Plans (including all sub-ordinate plans), to provide planning basis for the team and customers.
- Ensuring that projects comply with the Company directives and relevant security requirements.
- Managing security of information as defined in the Security manual.
What you need to be the successful Project Manager:
In order to be the successful Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Proven experience in project management, specifically in setting up, running and successfully delivering projects, ideally in a satellite or engineering/aerospace industry.
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver multi-disciplined projects in a matrix structure.
- Experience of working with overseas customers, specifically North America.
- Experience of MS Office including MS Project.
- A strong and varied background in scheduling/budgeting/cost management with proven commercial/technical astuteness and demonstrable good judgment.
- Degree in relevant discipline (Engineering, Science or Business Management) or equivalent experience
- Project management qualifications preferred, such as APMP.
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.