|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Project Manager needed for a leading Defence Engineering company based in Farnborough who are looking to employ an experienced Project Manager with experience in project managing engineering development projects in the defence sector, ability to successfully manage and deliver multi-disciplined projects from concept to delivery and closure and preferably a project management qualification, such as Prince 2 or APMP.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
- Manage projects to meet project milestones, schedule and budget requirements.
- Establishing, controlling and reporting project schedule & costs against budget.
- Achieving acceptance of all elements of projects to schedule and cost.
- Accurately forecasting project cost, cash & resource demands.
- Establish and maintain project metrics to measure and report progress.
- Effective communication with all project stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
- Effective management of project issues, risk & opportunities, data, and action logs, including item closure.
- Manage subcontractors to deliver requirements on time and to budget.
- Planning and conducting effective internal, customer and sub-contractor progress reviews.
- Preparing customer & internal progress reports in an agreed format.
- Establishing and implementing Project Management Plans (including all sub-ordinate plans), to provide planning basis for the team and customers.
- Ensure that projects comply with the relevant security requirements.
- Ensure that projects comply with the Company directives.
- Any other duties as and when required.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
What you need to be the successful Project Manager:
In order to be the successful Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience in project managing engineering development projects in the defence sector.
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver multi-disciplined projects from concept to delivery and closure.
- Experience of MS Office including MS Project
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
- Degree in relevant discipline (Engineering, Science or Business Management) or equivalent experience
- Project management qualifications preferred, such as Prince 2, APMP
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Project Manager role, you need to be eligible for security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.