|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £32000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Reports to Lead Project Manager
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000
Overall Job Purpose for the Project Manager:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to manage installation works associated with the electrical installation of Electric Vehicle Charge (EVC) Points.
The successful Project Manager will be in charge of managing labour for the excavation for cable trenches and concrete bases and full reinstatement of surface finishes.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Liaise with Lead Project Manager
- Liaise with clients and DNO's re. site plans and suitability
- Keep up to date with changes to the industry and relevant innovative products
- Ensure all new electrical installations requirements meet full compliance with BS: 7671 (18th Edition), IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Chargers (3rd Edition) and all relevant legislation (H&S, HERS, APEA)
- Carry out site surveys
- Online submission of supply requests through DNO portals and attend associated site meetings as required.
- Full Health & Safety compliance
- Assess required labour and materials for the whole installation (electrical & civils)
- Procurement of materials.
- Liaise with all stakeholders (surveyors, engineers, project managers, H&S team, team support, stores, clients, local authorities, site managers, transport).
- Interpretation of site plans.
- Accurate forecasting and reporting of installation status.
- Requesting and downloading known underground services information.
- Good I.T skills - MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Online applications, creation of test
Certificates & Documents
- Compliance with company rules
- Occasional working away from home.
- Timely response to emails and phone call queries from all stakeholders during each project (client, DNO, suppliers, BP CM teams etc)
- Update and complete information from pre survey to completion stage of each project on live Project
- Tracker report
- Completion of required tender documents
- Provide accurate forecasting and commissioned EVC reports
- SAP requests and administration
- Relevant quantitative data which job impacts. e.g. sales volume, capital employed, financial budgets, number of direct / indirect reports
- Management of works associated with EVC installations to a high standard, on time and to client satisfaction.
- Verification of engineer documentation (Electrical certificates, Commissioning Forms, EVC Code of Practice Annex documents, DNO notification)
- Project managers
- Admin staff
- Fleet manager
- Client liaison
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience of team management electrical (essential) & civil works (advantageous)
- Site Safety Awareness
- Knowledge of TT/TN-S & TN-C-S (PME) earthing systems
- EVC experience (not essential)
- Working with others as part of a team
- Good communication skills are required, good ability to plan and to monitor installation teams in fast-changing environment
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight timelines
- SAP experience (preferred)
Education, Qualifications & Certifications
- City & Guilds (or equal) Electricians qualifications - essential
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme card holder (preferred, not essential).
- Electric Vehicle Charge point installations (not essential, training will be provided)
- Full UK Driving License.
- CAD (preferred, not essential)
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.