|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £60000 - £79000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Salary Dependant on Experience.
Project Manager needed for a world-leading defence engineering organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Project Manager that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of managing large-scale projects with strong leadership attributes and stakeholder management.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree and have a keen interest and proven track record within project management. If you have a defence, engineering or military/armed forces background that would be a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
- Establishing the baseline plan to deliver commitments and achieve the performance, cost, schedule and quality objectives.
- Developing and maintaining the programme organisation, roles and responsibilities and the matrix relationship to business functions
- Managing the execution and performance against the baseline.
- Managing execution of and transition between all phases.
- Ensuring timely and thorough requirements development, communication, traceability, baselining, configuration control, validation and verification.
- Establishing and maintaining management plans
- Ensuring the programme's plans, schedules, budgets developed and technical, cost, schedule and resource baselines are set and maintained, taking account of dependencies, resource requirements and contractual and financial commitments.
- Implementing a Programme Performance Management process.
- Implementing data management and configuration management processes.
- Ensuring the programmes risks and opportunities are identified, monitored and mitigation plans devised and implemented.
- Ensuring compliance with Company process and procedures
- Undertaking the required reviews to ensure good governance by providing evidence based progress and status information and reports.
- Leading the programme team to deliver through empowerment and motivation
- Managing stakeholders
.What experience you need to be the successful Project Manager:
- Defence/Engineering/Manufacturing background ideal
- Experienced in delivering successful Projects in a corporate environment.
- Evidence of frequent interaction with senior leaders.
- Proven record of shaping/influencing financial/strategic decision making.
- Strong leadership attributes.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role, applicants must be willing and able to undergo UK Security Clearance to a high standard.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.