|Location: Bourne End, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Candidates applying must be eligible for SC level security clearance (MUST hold a british passport)
Project Manager needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Electronics Engineering company who provides electronic products for the military in Loudwater. The candidate must be eligible for Security Clearance (hold a British passport only).
Benefits for the Project Manager:
My client offers a competitive salary, brilliant benefits and fantastic career progression.
Purpose of the Project Manager:
To allocate all project delivery, ensuring that assigned projects are completed on time, to budget and to the expected quality requirements and to provide support in establishing best practice, providing suggesting of improvementss to the current processes, practices and methods, and looking for potential opportunities for improvements.
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
* To assume total responsibility for the management and delivery of assigned projects with full accountability for project performance.
* Deliver the programme/project in line with the company processes, procedures and standards.
* To have total and complete understanding of project and contractual requirements. * Bid Management - lead and co-ordinate bids from concept to contract award, working through the direction of business development. Work on and prepare the required proposals, cost books in line with the bid allowable timescales.
* Define, communicate, execute & monitor the project and prioritise specific to individual contracts and project, in line with agreed contractual and delivery requirements, with appropriate work packages, key milestones and budgets for each stage of work package.
* Develop, execute and maintain project plans and statements of work (SOW's), detailing task descriptions, deliverables, project schedules through liaising with specialist areas across a matrix organisation in-line with company processes, procedures and standards.
* Develop and lead project teams; providing leadership, direction and control, through effective work package management. Provide support, mentoring and coaching as required to ensure success delivery of assigned programme/projects.
* Risks, issues and opportunity management, ensuring logs/registers are established and maintained through the life of the assigned project with high level of accuracy. * Effective Stakeholder Management including interface and the management of external customers.
* Build strong customer relationship.
* Provide primary focus for customer, communication and liaison, Keeping customers informed of work progress, issues and resolution plans.
* Ensure customer satisfaction is maintained at all times.
* Manage customer exceptions, in-line with company priorities and capabilities.
* Identify and pursue follow-on business opportunities, working closely with business development team.
* Develop project performance dashboard, continually assess current performance, identify root causes, and actively drive programme/project and cross functional improvements through the life cycle of the assign project.
* Manage, report status and performance of the assigned project in line with their management reporting cycle. Ensure project data is maintained to a high level of accuracy (forward load, project plans, risk registers and financial data) within the various company's business data systems.
* To hold, chair and /or present at various forums (such as project meetings, progress and contract reviews).
* Ensure that all communications to stakeholders, verbal and written are clear, concise and unambiguous.
* Where appropriate, development and training of own staff, recruitment and appraisal.
What you need to be the successful Project Manager:
* Degree level in relevant management discipline or engineering with management experience
* Prince 2
* APM or PMI Equivalent
* Demonstrable Project / Programme Management experience in a technical / engineering arena.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career within the defence industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.