|Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, England||Salary: £50000 - £75000 per annum + + Car|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Highways & Highways Electricals, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Project Manager needed for a leading multinational construction services organisation based in the Oxford area. The purpose of this role is to provide overall control, management and take sole responsibility for the delivery of the section of site-based construction project work and assist the Senior Project Manager in the management and delivery of sections of a larger scale project or projects.
The successful Project Manager will provide management, leadership and control of a multi-disciplinary team. You will ideally have proven experience in management of trade contractors and the ability to manage site logistics. You will be expected to meet customer specifications and project objectives in full.
As Project Manager you will have a successful track record in managing operational delivery within a construction environment. Have previous experience in working with a budget, and awareness of cost control and cost recovery. Ensuring the HSE is adhered to at all times and have the ability to identify and implement options and lead action appropriately.
The Project Manager is expected to produce and regularly review the project programme to ensure completion on time and ensure that detailed plans are available. Be able to confidently deliver presentations and have excellent communication skills with good interpersonal and influencing skills.
The ideal Candidate would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, we require a candidate from a highways / Civils / Infrastructure background. You most hold a valid & clean UK driving license, and current CSCS card (any colour) and SMSTS qualification.
What experience you need to be the successful Project Manager:
* Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately, and experience in implementing systems improvements;
* Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity; experienced at encouraging direct reports to do the same and managing a team to ensure tasks are carried out effectively and key messages cascaded;
* Ability to work under pressure to deadlines, and a flexible attitude towards work in order to deal with a variable and demanding workload;
* Able and willing to make decisions following consideration of options based on best available information; track record of solution orientated approach to resolve issues;
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (MS Word, Excel);
* Strong leadership and management skills, with experience of managing a multi-disciplined team.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.