|Location: Bristol||Salary: £40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Sector: Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Project Manager Consultant
Bristol / Surrey or West Midlands + Home working flexibility.
£40,000 - £55,000 + Bonus and Excellent Benefits package.
**UK Passport Holder able to achieve military level clearance**
To be a great fit for this role you will have operated in a Project Manager, Project Controller or Project Management Office specialist role for at least two years in some complex project and programme environments.
You will have developed a solid understanding of best practice in project management competencies and be able to manage multiple stakeholders at all levels within an organisation.
Using your knowledge and experience, you will be able to advise, guide, train and consult external customers on how to utilise and/or implement effective project and programme management practices. As well as your Project Management expertise, you will also be a strong communicator, natural problem-solver and valued member of a team.
Our client has a vacancy in their Programme and Project Management Team, they specialise in providing portfolio, programme and project management consultancy services across a range of markets and industry sectors.
The team is made up of Project and Programme professionals including project and programme managers, project controllers, change managers and supply chain specialists. Their range of Project based services include individual consultants supporting client's existing projects through to business transformation programmes to establish and embed new Programme Management capabilities.
In this role you will find yourself working across various markets, from large and complex defence programmes to some of the largest infrastructure programmes in Europe. You may find yourself consulting as an individual, supporting clients in successful delivery of their projects and programmes, or as a member of a larger Programme team.
In all cases, you will develop and adapt your knowledge, skills and methodologies to meet the needs of clients, drawing on your expertise to enable their success.
- Experience in projects or programmes as a Project Manager, Project Controller or a Project Management Office specialist.
- Good understanding of various Project Management methodologies.
- Ability to identify problems within projects and highlight / implement effective solutions.
- Enjoys working within a team environment.
- Clear and confident communication and presentation skills.
Additional desirable requirements:
- APM PMQ qualified (or similar).
- Experience of designing, implementing and operating PMOs.
- Experience of managing projects utilising both Waterfall and Agile methods.
- Experience of advising clients on how to improve their project and programme management practices.
- Experience of project and programme delivery in key sectors (notably defence, energy, government infrastructure, health and transport).
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.