|Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Permanent - Gloucester
£40,000 - £50,000
Project Manager needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a globally recognised security and aerospace company based in Gloucester.
Purpose of the Project Manager:
The Project Manager will be running projects delivering to a range of customers. The projects shall be complex and are usually highly technical
Some of the main duties the Project Manager will include:
* Project leadership.
* Day to day project delivery against requirements and meeting the high standards set by our customers.
* Managing delivery activities across the engineering lifecycle (cradle to grave) spanning concept definition and requirements engineering through development and ultimately test, trials and release, and subsequent support activity.
* Developing and negotiating solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation, ensuring solutions are consistent with both customer and the companies objectives and conform to regulated design and management criteria.
* The provision of agreed metrics and objective performance criteria in monitoring project performance.
Customer and stakeholder management.
* Contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques, business and standards to enhance the business.
* Working without appreciable direction and exercising considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to resolving challenges.
* Providing advice to senior management on major matters pertaining to delivery, risks, issues, opportunities, and aspects of policies, plans, and business objectives.
What you need to be the successful Project Manager:
Proven Track Record in Programme Delivery in a matrix environment.
* Prince 2 qualified (or equivalent) with experience of operating in Prince 2 Management environments, with APMP considered a bonus.
* Strong track record in the planning and delivery of challenging projects against tight timelines.
* Extensive experience working in a collaborative environment and a track record in strong internal relationships.
* Ability to develop customer intimacy quickly at all levels.
* Strong presentation skills.
* Solid understanding of engineering and financial processes.
* Subcontract Management experience.
* The ability to adapt behaviours and communication style which is reflective of different stakeholders and audiences.
* Pro-active with strong self-motivation.
* Previous experience in security domains.
* ITIL qualified and experienced.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career within the defence industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.