|Location: Fife||Salary: £45000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Mark Crorkin||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Fife - 2-3 days remote
Experienced Project Manager required for a global client with experience in Software Delivery. They operate a client facing professional services capability that is responsible for client engagement, delivery of exceptional outcomes and supporting the business to drive revenue and margin at both a direct billable level and more widely within the customer account.
Within this context, the purpose of this role is to plan, manage, report and deliver projects to both internal and external customers. This role requires the effective and professional management of multiple projects or outputs simultaneously. By the very nature of this work the role is dependent on excellent customer/cross functional/organisational communication skills and relationships.
The Project Manager role requires the delivery of professional project management services to an extremely high standard. Adding and demonstrating value to customers, adding and demonstrating value to their business on a continuous and sustainable basis.
Working in partnership with all supporting/contributing functions, to continuously develop, enhance and socialise Project Management practices. Developing and managing effective KPI's and coaching/mentoring your project team to enable, them to succeed.
This requires close liaison with customer, the relevant senior responsible owners, stakeholders and project contributors to ensure that: expectation and satisfaction is effectively set and managed, necessary outcomes are delivered on time, to the right quality, within budget and in line with overall business priority.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- End to end management of internal and external customer delivery projects.
- Pre-sales consultation and project business case development/management to ensure appropriate project initiation and customer engagement.
- Contribution to sector and client business intelligence, supporting the wider business development effort
- Effective Project planning in line with business priorities as well as associated cost and timeline boundaries. Identification of, and effective engagement with, appropriate stakeholders. Identification and procurement of all project resources and effective scheduling of shared human resources within a matrix managed organisation.
- Establishing appropriate stakeholder management/communication plans and effective governance, in line with the needs of the project.
- Work closely with customer, senior responsible owners/stakeholders and key team members to ensure that the project goals are realistic, the correct delivery structure/environment is created to support the scope of work and clear lines of accountability are established.
- Establish and maintain high standards of project accounting and financial reporting, setting and respecting suitable budgets/margins for delivery.
- Ensuring revenue and cost recognition is in line with corporate policy.
- Control of project changes in line with commercial controls and strategic priority.
- Effective evaluation, planning and management of project contingency. Identification and management of risks/issues/actions to ensure satisfactory completion and delivery to project milestone plans, deploying effective escalation where required.
- Creation and ongoing management of professional project artefacts, ensuring all project management products are maintained and delivered to a high standard.
- Create, execute and update project plans based on the input from all contributors. Continuously evaluating progress and enriching information to communicate project goals and status effectively and professionally to multiple audiences, at all levels, within the business and customer organisations.
- Effective management of project closure and/or delivery continuity with all internal and external stakeholders. Benefits review and validation of desired outcomes in line with scope of work completed.
Project Manager Functional Activities
- Continuous improvement of specific Project management processes and procedures in line with business change/demands.
- Build, implement and socialize best practices as a professional agent of change within the organisation.
- Proactive identification and presentation of business change opportunities to the senior management team
- Proactive research of current industry standards and best practice for project management, making proposals for delivering improvements.
- Deliver functional activities as outlined in appraisal objectives
Skills we can't do without in Project Manager role:
- Prince2 Practitioner level (or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a customer facing Project Management role
- Experience of managing software delivery projects essential.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects in a technology environment
- Self-supportive with a high degree of initiative and enthusiasm, requiring minimal management
- Ability to analyse and present business case requirements, Project goals and progress at a senior level
- Proven ability to manage and deliver in a multi-project, matrix managed environment
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.