|Location: Southampton||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Tiernan Murray|
Southampton / Hybrid
A Project Manager is needed for a respected and highly reputable Defence organisation based in the Southampton who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Project Manager that takes pride in their work and experience with Project and team management, leadership, organization and preferably defence experience.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
- Execution of development & support projects throughout project life cycle in accordance with defined time, budget, and quality objectives.
- Create and maintain Project Management Plans, ensuring timely, responsive completion of deliverables
- Create and maintain project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).
- Identify stakeholders and create Project Communications Plans.
- Develop appropriate strategies for effectively engaging stakeholders in project decision and execution.
- Manage and control costs as per the project budget.
- Report and present project KPIs to Senior Management Team.
- Manage project scope and perform integrated change control.
- Facilitate communications between key internal department resources (i.e. Business Development, Engineering, Commercial).
- Acquire, develop, and manage project team resources.
- Mediate problems/issues encountered by project team members
- Manage external-facing customer relationships.
- Support Procurement to establish and maintain key supplier relationships.
- Conduct risk management planning, identification, analysis, and response planning.
- Ensure project records are maintained and made available in accordance with project management processes and company policies.
- Delivering projects in line with Ultra contract and quality requirements
- Ownership of tactical/operational plans for the programs assigned.
- Ability to recommend strategies that will impact mid to long term business achievements through program opportunities
- Provision of support on bid work where necessary
- High degree of responsibility for resources, the ability to influence business decisions and will contribute to operating plans in support of the function.
What experience you need to be the successful Project Manager:
- Holds Project Management qualification (PMI, APM or global equivalent)
- An action-oriented person who drives results with strong customer focus
- Strong communicator with excellent leadership skills
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Project Manager position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.