|Location: Kent, England||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Callie Warner||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Project Manager need to join a leading defence organisation based in Kent. My client is looking for someone with proven capability in project leadership and business-wide process improvement.
The successful Project Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
* Enhanced annual leave
* Competitive Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Company contributed Share Incentive
* Flexible working programme
* Childcare vouchers
* Local and national employee discounts
* Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
Working closely with the 'Director, Program Management & Transformation', the post holder will perform a support/advisory role to both the Project Management community, and the broader business.
* Ensure project data is both current, understood and acted upon.
* Programs are proactively managing risks and opportunities
* Appropriate actions are being taken to address low customer satisfaction
* Programs hold RTG meetings in line with BA templates & directives.
* PM's embrace appropriate RCA Tools & Techniques to achieve root cause of impactful issues and effectively plan predictable improvement.
* Disclosure vs Discovery is evident on those programs that you monitor
* Ensure that Learning from Experience is being performed across the business and engender a culture of sharing information and experience.
* Lessons are accurately quantified by the projects and where systemic, effectively transitioned to, and owned, by the respective function(s).
* Lessons are communicated quickly, and where systemic, effectively and efficiently mistake proofed through Corrective Action Review Boards (CARB).
* Provide expert leadership in developing and implementing a culture that aligns to the business values and behaviors.
* Monitor, coach, support, and help develop PM staff to enable them to deliver to the best of their abilities.
* Participation in Site, Sector and Corporate PM working groups in development of PM processes, media and tools.
What you need to be the successful Project Manager:
In order to be the successful Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Must be a role model in terms of exhibiting collaborative, constructive and motivational behaviour
* Strong mentoring, coaching and communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels
* Resilience, tenacity and strong business acumen.
* Role model for cultural change within the broader business
* Exemplify the Behavioural Charter and be able to effectively challenge those who do not
* Be able to build sustainable relationships based on trust.
* Must have demonstrated the ability to achieve results through positively influencing others.
* Proven capability in project and/or functional leadership
* Proven capability in at least one of the following:
o Business-wide process improvement
o Change management
o Cultural change
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!