|Location: Worsley, Greater Manchester||Salary: £56000 - £75000 per annum|
|Sector: Utilities & Infrastructure, Oil & Gas||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Project Manager - Gas
Salary guide £55-75k dependant on experience + Car or Allowance, Pension & Healthcare
Purpose of the Project Manager role:
To manage the effective end to end delivery from work stack design, works preparation, works delivery, close out and payment of GDSP programme of works ensuring the work is completed in the most efficient manner, to specification, within the time required and within the agreed budget, without risk to the health and safety of all concerned while ensuring good customer satisfaction.
What the Project Manager role entails:
Health & Safety
* Leading by example and, in conjunction with the Divisional HSE Team, ensure a proactive safety culture at all times and adhere to latest Zero Harm objectives set out by the company.
* Ensuring that only adequately trained operatives are allocated to the scheme and that they are aware of their individual responsibilities.
* Ensuring that the Quality Management System is implemented at all stages throughout the scheme delivery process, i.e. from work stack determination to close out and payment.
* Reviewing at the scheme level, in conjunction with the Quality Manager, the effectiveness of the scheme specific Quality Management Plan as a means of achieving quality, safety and environmental objectives.
* Ensure the closedown of the scheme is carried out in an efficient and timely manner and does not lead to any legacy issues.
* Ensure any defects are proactively managed within the "defects correction period" as defined within the contract.
* Ensure the workstream specific Project Management Plan is developed and regularly updated throughout its lifecycle.
* Ensuring works procedures are compliant with the design, project management and quality plans
* Ensure high productivity and efficiency through effective control and utilisation of the contract work force and its resources.
* Understanding and implementing the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets
* Ensuring, in conjunction with the Design Lead that an adequate Technical, Safety and Environmental review is carried out for each scheme to ensure successful delivery
* Ensure effective engineering reviews are performed on design function determined work stacks and these reviews are documented
* Ensure change is managed effectively on the scheme by adhering to the DAF process for the effective management of change on a scheme and raise Compensation Events in accordance with the contract.
* Ensure that delivery teams arrange for appropriately detailed risk assessments and method statements to be prepared, are in place and approved prior to commencement of work delivery
* Encourage and integrate innovation and cost-effective working methods.
* Manage Subcontractors and Suppliers on the scheme where appropriate and ensure the relevant NEC form of subcontract is used and complied with.
* Maintain regular contact with the delivery lead/ Construction Managers/Site Mangers providing support and advice to ensure they are aware of scheme and NEC requirements
* Ensure the budget for the scheme is fit for purpose
* The Project Manager must ensure he and his team are compliant with the commercial processes for data/reports to meet regular reporting cycles. (Timesheets, Plant sheets, Site Diaries etc)
* Ensure all commercial aspects of the scheme are managed in a timely and proactive way (Early Warnings & Compensation events) leading to accurate forecast and estimates. To include full compliance with the NEC/Client Contract
* Responsible for monitoring progress / performance to ensure that all objectives are met and problems are anticipated and resolved.
* Arrange for the programme to be updated regularly (in accordance with the contract) to ensure impact of "Early Warnings" and "Compensation Events" are up to date.
* Proactively use the planner to identify programme opportunities and optimise use of resources throughout the lifecycle of the scheme.
* Ensure monthly programme updates are accurate for the business to base their monthly performance reports on.
Client, 3rd Party & Stakeholder Management
* Being aware of the need to satisfy customer requirements with the aim of enhancing the client's perception and satisfaction
* In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department and the company as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships.
* Ensure a positive image of the scheme is maintained to all our customers.
* Ensure any 3rd party coordination and communication is delivered to avoid any unnecessary delays or conflict to the scheme.
* Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality and ensure company codes of conduct are applied at all times.
* Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
* Maintain an appropriate practical knowledge and appreciation of all technical disciplines associated with delivering gas network design and build projects.
What you need as the successful Project Manager
* Needs experience of multiple small projects running within specific time frames (can be up to 700 per year)
* Degree or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline.
* APMP or equivalent
* Hold H&S certification: either NEBOSH, SMSTS, CSCS, ISOH as appropriate.
* Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.
* Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
* Experience in infrastructure project delivery
* Strategic, operational, technical and management skills
* Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety.
* Awareness of NEC contract - hold NEC3 ECC Project Manager Accreditation
* Utilities background ideally - will consider civil engineering/construction
* Experience in gas networks
* Experience in working with Primavera or Power project.
* Member of APM