|Location: Luxembourg, Ville de Luxembourg, Luxembourg||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Space||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Mark Crorkin||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Project Manager - Space / Robotics Projects
You will be based in Luxembourg with relocation and visa sponsorship available where required.
My client is keen to speak with Project Managers / Program Managers that are passionate about robotics.
You will help the business build a new generation of affordable, mass market robots for space applications.
The Project Manager / Program Manager will lead and manage robotics projects for commercial and government customers from around the world. These projects will see the delivery of flight-ready robotic subsystems for space missions. The scope of these missions includes in-orbit manufacturing, satellite servicing, and lunar surface operations. The Program Manager will oversee the development of next-generation robotic subsystems and will engage in activities with customers to define future exploration architectures.
The Project Manager / Program Manager is a key role in our mission to facilitate space industrialisation. As a Program Manager, you will work daily with engineering experts in robotics, mechatronics, software, electronics, mechanisms and spacecraft testing to realize the goals of your programs on time and within budget.
Project Manager / Program Manager responsibilities:
- Lead and manage projects from system study level, through development, qualification and delivery flight ready robotic subsystems to clients
- Lead interactions with customers, care of good communication, relationships and meeting customers expectations
- Define, manage and track internal and customer's milestones
- Lead and successfully close internal and external project reviews, including review item discrepancies
- Drive the planning, budget, project definition, schedule, resources, technical decisions and trade-offs.
- Define, track, execute and provide all deliverables required within scope of the project, containing engineering work products, and hardware models such as Breadboard Models, Engineering Models, Qualification Models and final products
- Work with multidisciplinary teams and leaders - systems engineering, robotics, mechatronics, electronics, software, testing and quality assurance to enable successful execution of state-of-the-art projects from beginning to end.
Basic qualifications for the Project Manager / Program Manager role:
- S./ M.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics engineering or equivalent area of focus.
- Minimum 5 years of Program Management Experience.
- Leadership experience managing multidisciplinary project team members
- Knowledge of project management tools, such as MS Project, Rally, Asana, etc.
- Knowledge of Kanban and pipeline-like processes.
- Ability to manage and motivate engineers.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Great soft and communication skills
- Great planning and organizational skills
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience in development or managing across the product life cycle from conceptual design through flight operations
- System Engineering experience in the space industry
- Experience managing space project for commercial and governmental customers (ESA, NASA)
- Technical insight in multiple engineering fields and disciplines
- Project planning and execution
- ECSS/European prime documentation experience
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.