|Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire||Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sean Tierney|
Gold Group are partnered with a growing space company who have a unique opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to shape solutions for space missions.
Candidates must have a proven track record Project Managing in the Space, Satellites, Aerospace or Defence industries.
- Overall responsibility for the design and delivery of spacecraft (or aspects thereof) on complex engineering missions. To be achieved via the coordination of matrixed project / engineering teams.
- Planning and delivery of project review gates, including management and production of associated deliverables.
- Define and maintain an appropriate balance of quality, cost, schedule, and risk, whilst delivering projects and their associated deliverables.
- Generate project inputs to mission concept studies, technical or non-technical packages of work, and bid work, in support of the wider business.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, and programme partners as necessary in support of project, bids, or similar activities.
- Report and be internally accountable to business and senior management.
- 3+ years' experience in project or programme management, ideally in the space or aerospace industries. Track record of successful mission delivery.
- Complete 'technical' project management skillset (delivery, schedule, financial, risk management, etc)
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively with a close-knit team of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Production and maintenance of project management deliverables for internal and external stakeholders. Includes contractual deliverables, schedules, reports, risk registers, project and financial reporting, etc.
- Experience of planning and completing project review gates (Requirements Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, etc).
- Experience of working closely with Systems Engineering teams, including a high-level understanding of Systems activities such as architecture definition, CONOPS, requirements derivation, etc.
- Experience working with spacecraft sub-system functional teams such as Guidance Navigation Control (GNC / AOCS), Command & Data Handing (C&DH / OBDH), Propulsion, Software, Ground Segment, Operations, etc.
- Awareness of Assembly Integration and Verification processes (integration, subsystem / integrated / environmental testing etc).
- Experience of supplier management or satellite part procurement.
- Practical understanding and application of lean engineering methodologies.
- High personal standards & desire for honesty, openness, and integrity.
- An understanding of people, coupled with the desire to lead by example and bring a team with you to achieve mutual success. A willingness to put a team's requirements before one's own when appropriate, balanced with the ability to hold difficult conversations when necessary.
- A basic knowledge of debris removal, end-of-life, in-orbit maintenance or servicing.
- A can-do approach, and drive to work together to achieve collective success within a project management & company team framework.
- Full mission lifecycle experience from requirements definition to verification, delivery, commissioning and operations.
- Master's degree in a technical field.
- Technical career / background, ideally within space or aerospace sectors.
- An understanding of engineering process, with knowledge of large satellite company or agency design principles e.g. ECSS. (alongside aforementioned familiarity of lean or agile project implementation methodologies).
- The ability to understand, influence, and negotiate, coupled with the desire to seek mutually beneficial outcomes in forum environments.
- Experience working with challenging customers, partners, or suppliers.
- Evidence of successfully 'unblocking' and closing out behind schedule / cost overrun projects (or aspects thereof).
- Experience of bid support, company financial accounting, quality / product assurance (QA / PA), or business development work.
- Knowledge of the wider framework around debris removal including licensing, export, regulation, space law.
- Experience successfully collaborating with personnel from different countries and cultures in a fast-paced technical working environment.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.