|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Project Planner needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced Project Planner with an in-depth planning, scheduling and status reporting experience in support of project delivery within the Defence/Maritime domain
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Planner will include:
Planning and Scheduling
- Develop and maintain multi-level project schedules in an enterprise planning environment.
- Support PM in development of WBS and monitoring of work packages.
- Obtain buy-in to schedules and work packages from project teams.
- Review/report project/work package status.
- Support PM decision-making through analysis of schedule
- Liaise with sub-contractors to ensure integration of schedules.
- Maintain tracker for contract deliverables/dependencies across workstreams.
- Assist with impact analysis of contract/project change on schedule.
- Co-ordinate embodiment of change, ensuring appropriate integration into schedules.
- Working with PM, develop and maintain resource forward loading/demand.
- To contribute as required and appropriate to the whole design lifecycle of products and systems including participation and contribution to requirements analysis, design reviews, stakeholder project and progress reviews.
- Monitor resource assignments/supply and highlight issues to PM.
- Assist PM with regular project status reporting and review meetings.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities developing process, procedures, tools and techniques for planning reporting and project controls.
What you need to be the successful Project Planner:
In order to be the successful Project Planner and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Good knowledge of methods and tools for planning, scheduling and controlling projects.
- Proven ability to produce and maintain level 3/4 project schedules including management of deliverables and dependencies between projects.
- Skilled in designing schedules to allow effective roll-up to higher levels with reporting of key milestones and critical path analysis.
- Good IT skills covering all Microsoft Office tools, with advanced ability with MS Excel for data analysis.
- Organised and structured approach with the ability to manage own time effectively while operating across multiple projects and for multiple project managers.
- Ability to create and maintain complex schedules in Microsoft Project (MSP 2016).
- Some experience in use of MSP Server 2016, including use of enterprise custom fields and data analysis.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint for document and data management, ideally with basic administration skills.
- Familiarity with management of systems engineering and software development life-cycles/projects, ideally within Defence sector.
- Basic knowledge of project change management processes and techniques.
- Basic knowledge of Risk Management processes and techniques.
- Basic knowledge of Earned Value Management and other monitoring techniques.
- Basic knowledge and application of project Quality management techniques.
- Demonstrable experience in project reporting and work package management.
- Association of Project Management (APM) Project Fundamentals qualification (PFQ) or equivalent.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Planner to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.