|Location: Crawley||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Francis||Job Published: 18 days ago|
£30,000-£40,000 + benefits
My client based in Crawley is looking for a Python Developer, to provide an excellent standard of software development and deliver production-ready code for internal tools, standalone applications, and features in the clients Analytics platform. Part of this will be working cross-team with the Data Science team to productionise prototype code and develop an integration framework between Data Science code in python. For this the Python Developer will get a salary of £30,000-£40,000 + some excellent benefits below:
- Pension scheme after 3 months (client will currently match up to 8% if the employee also puts in 8%)
- Simplyhealth Cash Plan after 6 month probation review
- Increasing holiday with length of service (20 days start rising to 25 days pa plus bank holidays)
- Holiday EXTRA - buy up to 5 extra days holiday per holiday year
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Employee Assistance programmes - health, legal, counselling (through Simply Health)
- Ride to work scheme
- Ongoing learning & development. Career development opportunities
- Company Maternity scheme
- Free refreshments
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Draw up precise specifications prior to development against which test plans can be created.
- Design and develop software to a high standard according to the client programming guidelines and procedures for reliability and maintainability.
- Use version control to track, manage and review changes to code using branches to isolate feature development.
- Accurately document developments according to procedures for internal documentation and documentation for customers.
- Unit test development work prior to release to the Testing Department.
- Participate in regular training/ learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum grade A-C GCSE English and Maths or equivalent. A-C passes at A Level or equivalent.
- Experience writing code that is supported by strong unit testing, version control and continuous integration practices.
- Experience deploying applications to Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience collaborating with Data Scientists and converting prototyped code into production code.
- Desirable to have demonstrable continuous professional development in programming languages such as C#, Java or Python.
- Good knowledge of Python and its standard library, plus frameworks/libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, Flask
- Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows server deployment environments
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Server
For more information, please apply now.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.