|Location: Malta||Salary: €40000 - €45000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Francis||Job Published: 16 days ago|
The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer - SDET is directly involved in the promotion of a quality culture. As a member of the QA automation team this individual will be expected to develop automated testing functions based off manual testing efforts; as well as testing of APIs and integration points. He/she will also assist in the implementation of tools to help run, control and monitor automated testing including CI/CD pipelines. The successful candidate will be part of an integrated team of QA, Dev and Devops individuals. We are looking for an individual who has a comprehensive knowledge of automated development practices and tools and will be able to provide strategic direction on the future of automated testing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Product Management, Business Analysts, Developers and Solutions Architects to gain a thorough understanding of solution requirements.
- Build and execute automated and manual tests and suites.
- Design and implement automated test capabilities and maintain existing automation.
- Make recommendations about how to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the testing activities and processes.
- Work with geographically distributed teams.
- Provide training and instruction on testing and test automation processes and technologies.
Skills and Requirements
- Senior level Test Professional, being self-managing, requiring minimal supervision and quick to pick up new skills.
- Strong communication skills with a pragmatic and pro-active attitude.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality with a passion for automated testing.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills and an ability to come up with simple solutions to complex problems. The ideal candidate must possess an inherent investigative nature.
- Strong technical and analytical background - the ability to understand, expand and improve the automated tests as well as contribute to the ongoing integration delivery of initiatives is a strong plus.
- Ability to independently develop overall test strategies; implement new tools, practices and processes, and to monitor existing systems
Knowledge and skills:
- A relevant Bachelor degree (BSc) or applicable experience.
- Good level of spoken and written English
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in Quality Engineering, Functional and Automated Testing
- Experience working within Financial Institutions
- Experience with working in an agile environment.
- Experienced with testing Web Services, APIs, backend validation and application-based solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of the software development life cycles and software process management.
- Experience with highly integrated environments.
- Experience collaborating extensively with developers and business experts.
- Familiar with DevOps methodologies.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.